Training stubborn fire eels to eat other foods

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Rob909 Rob909 any update on the fire eel and repashy? Or still on soaked massivore pellets? im trying to convert my two to take pellets and still am having a hard time getting the smallest one off earthworm onto shrimp. The biggest one is on shrimp but am sneaking in sticks. It will spit out shrimp if taken entirely. I have to cut it up for her

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Admittedly, I stopped trying. He’s eating whole shrimp at the moment but when I stopped, he was on softened massivore pellets.
aww nuts. Hows yours doing growth rate-wise?

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Mines growing like weeds now biggest one is fat at 20” at least eating 5 shrimps in one sitting before two mins are up but she will stop eating the smaller one was 15” lanky like yours only eats earthworm's. I dont power feed them i feed them every other day or every 3 days depending on my work schedule. They get really hangry and throw tantrums even throwing water out of the tank to get my attention.

• Haha
Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Mines growing like weeds now biggest one is fat at 20” at least eating 5 shrimps in one sitting before two mins are up but she will stop eating the smaller one was 15” lanky like yours only eats earthworm's. I dont power feed them i feed them every other day or every 3 days depending on my work schedule. They get really hangry and throw tantrums even throwing water out of the tank to get my attention.
Haha mine hasn’t gone that far, but I too only feed a couple times a week. Mine is the first at the top of the water every time I pass the tank though.

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store