Updates
Re-adding Ludwigia Perunesis/Glandulosa
Added more Limnophila Hippuroides
Added Rotala Indica
Considering removing Mermaid Weed
Considering replacing the Ranunculus with Panthorum Seiodes
Considering Moss Carpet in the shaded area under the Windelove Javafern
Considering replacing the power head with a surface skimmer
Might separate the Ludwigia Perunesis/Glandulosa and Limnophila Hippuroides depending what colors they put out

Rescaped about 1/3rd of the tank due to PAR numbers

New fert routine starting today

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Really love the colors in your tank...

Reactions: SingAlongWithTsing

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
Minor Update

The Bad

Pulled out more leaves with holes. All of these are older leaves. Has to be some type of mobile deficiency right?

Not enough light in this corner, gonna try to find a low light plant for this corner to cover up the bacopa colorota in this area

Some of the Alternanthere Reineckii Mini is being shaded way too much by the java fern, the Varigated doesn't seem to care. Light is between 31~48 PAR here.

Perunesis still a lil wavy

The Good
Staurogyne Repens finally doing good, think I it was under way too much light before, this spot is below 100 PAR vs the 140+ from before

The ???
Leopard Val grew a runner and that runner grew a runner lol. Almost been a month now.

Right side of the tank hitting the surface again

Lef side progression shot:

Rolling with this routine for the next couple of weeks. Gonna see if the higher K helps.

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
been awhile since I've updated here but a very short summary of what happened since April.

Submitted the old scape to IAPLC 2018, I can't show the final shot til October 13th JST due to some NDA with ADA.

A couple of plants got screwed by high temps 88+ F in tank (this was around late July?). Buce, AR Mini, and AR Varigated mainly.

Knocked out a wall and installed windows for better airflow (fish room was stupid humid)and also insulated that wall as well.

Bought some AC Infinity fans and they brought the tank down to 75~78 F.

September 21st:

Can never get a good shot when both channels of light are on, everything looks paler in the pic than it actually is

morning pre-trim

still need more anubias in some spots of the driftwood

random nite shots

got around to kind of calibrating my NO3 test kit, water report said 17.64 ppm was average but I'm closer to 8-ish?

calibrated my spoons too just incase

applied all that to the current routine

50% of the Perunesis/Glandulosa is still acting up, Ludwigia Nantans / Super Red is starting to act up, AR Varigated still crappy, regular AR Mini is shrinking, and I haven't seen Hygrophila Serphyllum grow since moving to the front right of the tank.
Dropping to weekly NO3 total of 30 ppm instead of 30 ppm from ferts + w/e was in tap. Might help the faux B deficiency in the Ludwigias, faux K deficiency in the Hygrophila Siamensis, and faux Mg in AR Varigated.
Hygrophila Serphyllum might just need more light.
The AR Minis I have no idea what's going on there.

decided to make this after seeing another user do it Greggz thread

wanted to add Vin Kutty's recent experiment to the list but idk what I would list it under
tom's tank that was used for reference https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/...-like-ditched-dutch-style-new-pics-137-a.html
dennis' tank https://www.plantedtank.net/forums/...-3ft-high-tech-low-tech-nano-experiments.html
Ghanzanfor Ghori's (under the assumption he still uses 13:1.5:13 macros but scaled up)

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
Been awhile, been mostly busy with personal stuff and fixing stuff around the house.

Since this isn't my IAPLC entry I can post this FTS lol.

March 5th, 2020

Best recipe I've used so far with my funky tap

but as of late April/May I have swapped to a Tropica Specialized clone with Ni, can't post pics yet cuz it involves my IAPLC 2020 entry.

Looking back at this, I feel this should of been the one I picked. It might look a lil flat but the colors.

Anything nature style is something I'm gonna struggle with but I dont mind it.

Late May-ish
Sump is still the same EXCEPT that I pulled out the T section from the reactor to pump.

I went back to the 3" pvc cap and added a 2nd cerges in the chain.

Previously I was using a single cerges reactor (the Ozone Hybrid) with a Mazzei Venturi without a bypass. That was a stupid mistake. One of the contributing factors to my plants being wonky was my unstable co2, there was a dead snail stuck in the venturi for who knows how long.

I really hate that divider between the K1 and Lava rock. I lose about 1.5 gallons every day due to evaporation so you can imagine what the waterfall is like and the co2 I maybe losing.

I may switch to an ERIC filter / Endless river type setup in the future or something simple like the poret foam sumps. I still wanna keep the silent chamber and knitting mesh screen sections though. Less leaves breaking down in the whole system the better, less organics in the water.

Next manifold I'm building will be using gate valves instead of ball valves. Had a cap pop off one of the handles of my ball valve, no leaks fortunately lol.

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
NDA finally lifted

IAPLC 2020 - Rank 840 - Asa

IMG_1460-PR-M-.png
[LAYOUT TITLE]
Asa

[AQUARIUM SIZE]
W: 184 x D: 47 x H: 62(cm)

[Application]
Application to the other planted aquarium contest : Yes
Contest name :
AGA International Aquascaping Contest
[AQUATIC PLANTS]
Persicaria sp. Kawagoeanum
Hygrophila Polysperma sp. Sunset
Bacopa Colorata
Rotala Rotundifolia
Limnophila Hippuroides
Hygrophila Balsamica
Blyxa Novoguineensis
Windelov Javafern
Anubias Nana
Anubias Nana Petite
Micranthemum Monte Carlo
Alternanthera Reineckii Roseafolia
Cabomba Furcata
Cryptocoryne Wendtii
Cryptocoryne Spiralis Red Tiger
Pogostemon Stellatus
Ludwigia Sp. Red
Penthorum Sedoides
Acmella Repens
Hydrocotyle Tripartita
Leopard Vallisneria
Bucephalandra Brownie Purple
Bucephalandra Wavy Green
Bucephalandra Arrogant Blue
[FISH]
8x Barbodes semifasciolatus
4x Sahyadria denisonii
[SUBSTRATE]
Baked Montmorillonite Clay
[FILTER]
DIY Sump
[LIGHT]
3x 165 watt SBReef Fresh Water LED, 8hrs per day
[CO2]
100cc/min, 8 hrs per day
[COMMENTS]
9~11 dKH
14~15 dGH
Back light: Current USA Serene LED kit, Beamswork EA series 72"

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Very stunning work of art! Are you a pro scraper cause this is beautiful?

SingAlongWithTsing

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2015
Inland Empire
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store