Tsunami aquariums from Fish tanks direct - Reviews

colsoh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2009
Columbus, OH
I am looking to purchase a 500 gallons Tsunami aquarium. Anyone owns large 400 plus gallon aquariums can give a review on quality of Tsunami acrylic tanks?

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Never heard of them, sorry.
But I moved your thread to this forum, maybe you get more attention here.

aussieman57

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
I have a 8x4x2’ from Fishtanksdirect and am happy with it.
Fish tank directs is 5 minutes from me. I have visited their office before (no store sales only internet). They were very nice people and very helpful. Tsunami I have also spoken with. They occasionally have blem & custom tanks/sumps that a customer doesn't buy for deep discounts. Pick up only on these. Seem well constructed.

born2lovefish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2006
Indianapolis
My understanding is the Tsunami line or at least the 8x4x2’ is built with a two part expoxy vs liquid Weldon 4 type, which is way stronger. I’m guessing they are using something like Weldon 40.

There are other good companies out their building tanks as well. I wouldn’t hesitate buying a Tsunami again, especially if I was 5 minutes away and could score a discounted tank!

aussieman57

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2021
My understanding is the Tsunami line or at least the 8x4x2’ is built with a two part expoxy vs liquid Weldon 4 type, which is way stronger. I’m guessing they are using something like Weldon 40.

There are other good companies out their building tanks as well. I wouldn’t hesitate buying a Tsunami again, especially if I was 5 minutes away and could score a discounted tank!
You can't get the discounted tanks from FishTanksDirect. You have to go to the Tsunami factory which is @ 2 hr drive from my home. Still worth it though.

Dawgz

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2006
NJ
I bought mine from Fishtanksdirect, its not a 400gallon, its a 225 gallon (72L x 30W x 24H).

Check my recent threads showing some concerns I had. I recently had it delivered and had some questions for this group. Was able to get everything resolved and will be putting my fish into it this weekend.

Tank looks great, price was decent too. But yes the Tsunami is made by Suncoast Aquariums which is pretty much Fishtanksdirect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store