TWO AROWANA FIGHTING

Jay1789

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2021
Hi,
I bought two arowana...I bought silver arowana two months ago and another one is the gold red aro arowana not the expensive one...So I try put them after months because they become little bigger...But the ended up fighting only the silver bite...I know it will fight but I just want to ask you guys is there any way to get them together because I only have one 4feet tank but I put the silver over there cause the silver become more long...But the red gold one is in a small aquariums and it's hard for it move and grow its just on same size buy little bit bigger...So what should I do to get them together or is putting arowana on small aquarium gonna affect the growth of arowana..TQ..If u guys want I put pic of the arowanas...

IMG_20210817_135353.jpg

IMG20210715124742.jpg

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
You only have a 4ft tank, so what are your plans once the silver gets to 10-12” and will still get bigger. I guess, either getting a much bigger tank or getting rid of the fish. If the bigger tank is not an option then I suggest option two is your best option now.
If you are going to try to keep both then you may really have to divide the 4ft tank but then will have to get a bigger tank even sooner or get rid of the silver even quicker.

Daniel36

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2018
Hawaii
Not trying to be a bully but you should of done some research before buying these guys. You are not prepared, silver arowanas are fast growing active fish that need ample space. In a large enough setting you may find some success, in such tight quarters however aggression will be impossible to avoid. Good luck, hopefully a solution will be found.

1 2many

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2021
New Jersey
The only way to get the results you’re looking for is to get a bigger tank. A nano tank and a 4ft long tank are not sufficient at all for arowana. There is a ton of info on here in previous threads about arowana care. Without a much larger tank, you will continue to have the same growth and behavior issues that you are currently experiencing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store