Ugh....another situation....

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
You can do whatever you like. But clove oil is just as it sounds, an oil. It will coat the top of your water column and leave a gross residue. I would never willingly use it on a main tank of mine. It’s not easy to clean out either. So you do you bro.

I do agree - if you can get your tongs close enough to the piranha with out the net, that will work. But once again good luck. Not sure if T Tj203 has dealt with a pack of piranhas at this size or not, but I have dealt with lots and I would personally net it against glass, this in itself will most likely knock the plant free, but if not have the tongs ready.

but yes I do agree it needs to be done ASAP if not done already.
It is always possible to put the piranha in a bucket or container first before adding the clove oil. From what I’ve read you add 4 drops per gallon but don’t take my word for it as I found it on some website. And thanks The Masked Shadow The Masked Shadow for teaching me something :)

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Looking at those pics, doesn't it seem as though the fish ate a chunk of plastic plant that eventually pierced through the wall of the gut and out the side? If so, the fact that it hasn't fallen off seems to suggest that there is a fair bit more still inside, that resists popping out through that hole. This would be a pretty severe injury, so good luck with your attempts at assistance.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Looking at those pics, doesn't it seem as though the fish ate a chunk of plastic plant that eventually pierced through the wall of the gut and out the side? If so, the fact that it hasn't fallen off seems to suggest that there is a fair bit more still inside, that resists popping out through that hole. This would be a pretty severe injury, so good luck with your attempts at assistance.
This seems more plausible instead of a plant somehow getting pierced into its body. How is it going? Have u removed it yet?

Reactions: Deadeye

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
M Maximus146 what was the outcome now that you created another thread about the feeders

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
Looks like everyone else gave good advice. All that’s left to say is how the f did that happen?!
I’m thinking foul play from the other piranhas...
(They can use weapons now!!!)
Lol….I don’t have the slightest idea how it happened. Maybe they were having sword fights….lol

Maximus146

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2020
M Maximus146 what was the outcome now that you created another thread about the feeders
So I think when I moved the tank into my new place, and used a giant bet to remove them, it must’ve dislodged itself while he was kicking and screaming trying to get out of the net. That’s the only thing I can think of

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store