Uhm.... ?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I had two Rope Fish in a 15g for a few weeks (quarantine) and thought about taking a picture and posting it here or on a couple Facebook groups I am on. "Hey, y'all, just thought you might like to see my Rope Fish in their planted 15g." Figured it would be too close to trolling.

Both in a 200g now (although, on this site, that is tiny too).

I personally don't think a 200 gallon is tiny just depends on the specie of fish put in it.

Reactions: Matteus

Uglyknob

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Lakeland, FL
I personally don't think a 200 gallon is tiny just depends on the specie of fish put in it.
I just mean, considering I see builds of 3-4-or even 500 gallon tanks. 200 Gallons is kind of beginner sized around here, which I am cool with. Wife is already planning a big in-wall tank for our next house. :D Got her hooked.

I have a Delhezi and 2 Rope Fish in that tank, 5 Clowns, 5 Denisonis, some rainbows, a bushynose, a Panda Garra, and two Dojos. The Delhezi is the biggest now at about 8". Clowns are young with the alpha maybe 3". Biggest Denisoni is maybe 4". Ropes are probably 9", but still thin compared to Delhezi. Dojos are young too, maybe 4".

Not that you asked for a pedantic overview of my tank residents. :D

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just mean, considering I see builds of 3-4-or even 500 gallon tanks. 200 Gallons is kind of beginner sized around here, which I am cool with. Wife is already planning a big in-wall tank for our next house. :D Got her hooked.

I have a Delhezi and 2 Rope Fish in that tank, 5 Clowns, 5 Denisonis, some rainbows, a bushynose, a Panda Garra, and two Dojos. The Delhezi is the biggest now at about 8". Clowns are young with the alpha maybe 3". Biggest Denisoni is maybe 4". Ropes are probably 9", but still thin compared to Delhezi. Dojos are young too, maybe 4".

Not that you asked for a pedantic overview of my tank residents. :D

Nice to hear your wife enjoying and supporting the hobby. My wife is not interested but does support my fish keeping hobby :redface:

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
That's how we get more people into the hobby, right? If you guys had been jerks to me when I first started, I don't think I would have gotten this far.
Yep though I'm sure it certainly helped that you were receptive to advice given, learned and then followed up accordingly -- if you had asked a million questions, which fellow members took time to answer, then just mostly blew off that advice, and then kept coming back with more and more questions/problems, it could have worked out a bit differently. The teaching and learning process is always best as a 2-way street :)

Uglyknob

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Lakeland, FL
Nice to hear your wife enjoying and supporting the hobby. My wife is not interested but does support my fish keeping hobby :redface:
In an odd twist of fate, the Delhezi is what got her into it. I would have never guessed that, cause I would have thought she would like a Bosemani or some other "pretty and colorful" fish. Princess Buttercup is her girl though. She loves that fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
200 gallons is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the largest build we've had the honor of seeing on this site which was 50,000 gallons, however, the typical tank tends to hover somewhere around 200 gallons I think. We have some small tank keepers as well, one of which is a mod, so a 200 gallon tank is nothing to sneer at here. Tanks of all sizes are welcome. Just because we have "Monster" in the name doesn't mean we don't accept less than monster sized tanks. Your tank does qualify as a monster though compared to the average hobbyist that maxes out at about 75 gallons.

Uglyknob

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2019
Lakeland, FL
200 gallons is a mere drop in the ocean compared to the largest build we've had the honor of seeing on this site which was 50,000 gallons, however, the typical tank tends to hover somewhere around 200 gallons I think. We have some small tank keepers as well, one of which is a mod, so a 200 gallon tank is nothing to sneer at here. Tanks of all sizes are welcome. Just because we have "Monster" in the name doesn't mean we don't accept less than monster sized tanks. Your tank does qualify as a monster though compared to the average hobbyist that maxes out at about 75 gallons.
I actually read through that thread last week (50,000 gallons). Much more satisfying than the one I started to read about dual tanks beside the fireplace that were going to be 11' high. Always sucks to not have the climax at the end.

Thanks though, it seemed big to me at first, but now it just seems like a stepping stone. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store