UK Arowana food

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
hi, i have recently have a problem with my arowana and although that issue is no longer a problem and the arowana is recovering i have the problem that i am running out of food.

i was gifted food a few times and have been given food when i have sold rays and its all been good . up until now.
im running short of the pellets the aro likes and in his disheveled state i would like to get some decent food pellets for him.

(some pics in the thread here :
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/689228/ ).

i have bought a few different pellets already but the arowana doesnt like them spits them out and prefers the slightly larger pellets that have a stronger fragrance but but the problem is i dont know a good place to get them in the UK.

can anyone suggest a good place to get reasonably priced floating pellets for asian arowana in the uk ?

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Thank you. Ill prob get some of those jim. Ive not tried the hikari sticks as im trying to find something more reasonably priced but they are an option if im stuck as im sure the i can get them locally somewhere.
I think the ones ive got are a japanese / chinese unbranded type. They are good but i dont know where to get some more
Its hit and miss in most online places as they all look similar. But if anyone knows a good place to get some ?

Reactions: jim barry

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
maybe you can try adding garlic guard with your other pellets, some arowana keepers use it to train their aros on pellets ... also it supposedly boost the fish immune system

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Thank you. Ill prob get some of those jim. Ive not tried the hikari sticks as im trying to find something more reasonably priced but they are an option if im stuck as im sure the i can get them locally somewhere.
I think the ones ive got are a japanese / chinese unbranded type. They are good but i dont know where to get some more
Its hit and miss in most online places as they all look similar. But if anyone knows a good place to get some ?
My HBRTG loves them mate but I trained him onto these from a very young age. My other BBXB won't touch them but is a fussy feeder

Abyss

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
UK
I bought my arowana around 3 months ago now. It took him about 3 weeks to be pellet trained. He's abour 11-12" now.

There are two things he loves more than anything, pellet wise...and he won't touch any other dry food I've tried him with (including the likes of crickets - he just spits them out).

I bought these as an alternative to the expensive Hikari sticks: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HERONS-Ci...hash=item4affaa33e4:m:mbemDHIFD5ZYsiEk0KlHiHg

He also loves: http://www.swelluk.com/hikari-cichl...ffXUxWYKVyoRsu0WXKHGr0KaTt3fzaGsaAtL2EALw_wcB

Mussel meat (from Asda) is really cheap as well for a more meaty treat.

My arowana is a Silver though just to note.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
Thanks. Ill check those out. Mine is picky and if i give him frozen or livd he will go on food strike when i go back to pellets.
Thanks everyone :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store