UK FISHING FOR EUROPEAN RED FIN PERCH ( Perca fluviatilis )

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
i wouldnt be suprised if they were pests in aus. i'd like to set up a tank with a couple of little ones, watch how they grow. well if anyone wants a lift who lives between a and b, i drive.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
No the biggest they grow to is about 15" and weigh about 3lb

Perch claimed at 5lb 10oz. The river i fish for them has a good head of 3 lb ones in it . The pic is of a Monster 5lb 2oz perch not me just one i found to show what a stunning fish they are. I am up for a fishing trip sort it Dan. Where in the uk are you?

huge%20perch.jpg

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
Perch claimed at 5lb 10oz. The river i fish for them has a good head of 3 lb ones in it . The pic is of a Monster 5lb 2oz perch not me just one i found to show what a stunning fish they are. I am up for a fishing trip sort it Dan. Where in the uk are you?
Wow :WHOA: really i wasn't aware they grew that big i was just going on an averge size i'd herd they grew to but if you say they grow that big and judging by your pic "they do" then i'm a beliver !!!

The UK fishing trip is in the works i've put it up for discussion in the staff lounge and we'll sort something out where it's easy enought for all UK members to get to as of yet there's no date for trip or anything yet we still on the drawing board with the idea. we'll keep you all posted!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
make sure it aint too far from glos, cause i know theres a few northeners on here

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Wow :WHOA: really i wasn't aware they grew that big i was just going on an averge size i'd herd they grew to but if you say they grow that big and judging by your pic "they do" then i'm a beliver !!!

The UK fishing trip is in the works i've put it up for discussion in the staff lounge and we'll sort something out where it's easy enought for all UK members to get to as of yet there's no date for trip or anything yet we still on the drawing board with the idea. we'll keep you all posted!

I do admit a 5 lb fish is exceptional
but there are load of 3-4 being caught all the time now.Have a look at this.

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...+4lb&start=20&ndsp=20&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&sa=N

British fish are getting bigger every year just look at some of these figures.

Barbel 21lb
Carp Mirror 64lb
Pike 46lb
Roach 4lb 10oz
Tench 15lb These are the record for each fish in the UK
Global warming has a lot to answers for . I have been fish since I was my sons age and have watched fish sizes go up and up last year I had a 8 lb Tench as a kid I would have made all the papers with that fish to catch one over 7 lb was amassing and to have a 20lb + Barble well what next. Its not just here it going mad the world record for a Carp now is a massive 83lb 8oz. This is from Rainbow Lakes in France. That’s a king carp not Siamese Giant carp you want to see big do a search for them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store