Umbrella Cockatoo

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I don't know about that but I have a mated pair of peach faced love birds that you can have if you want them.... nice birds but I don't really have time to hold them and care for them. Cage comes with them. :thumbsup:

They don't bite and were hand fed babies. They will hatch eggs if you put a box in with them.

kentobizmol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
san jose, CA
it's not true...
i have 1umbrella cockatoo, but it wistles AND talks.
so do all my other big birds(parrots)

when i put on LOUD rap music, my yellow-nape amazon; dances, talks, and whistles all at dA same time! one of my parakeet likes rap music also!

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
you sure that dance doesn't mean it just wants to kill itself because of the music :D

kentobizmol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
san jose, CA
Benfica540 said:
you sure that dance doesn't mean it just wants to kill itself because of the music :D
now that i think of it...

i don't know, they say loud music isn't good for birds but, it seems as if it like it...
maybe not since whenever i try to touch her when she's dancin, she tries to bite me.
she's real excited when she dances.

but the AVIAN vet says all my birds are doing fine

pete620

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Ohio
rallysb1tch said:
I was whistling the other day at work because I was bored and in a decent mood. I was in the aviary while I was doing this and someone warned me that I shouldn't whistle around the Umbrella Cockatoo because if it learns to whistle it will never talk. Is this true?
I can't speak for the cackatoo, but from what I've read about my quaker parrot, they will often pick up whistling before the talk because it is easy. As long as you make talking fun for them, they should still learn to talk.

ChickenTeeth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2005
Canada
rallysb1tch said:
I was whistling the other day at work because I was bored and in a decent mood. I was in the aviary while I was doing this and someone warned me that I shouldn't whistle around the Umbrella Cockatoo because if it learns to whistle it will never talk. Is this true?
Whistling is easier for ur Parrot. If ur parrot can get away with whistling to get ur attention then u will have a problem for him/her to learn to speak. I will whistle along with my African Gray, but i won't pay him any attention if he does. So when he speaks i reward him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store