Unsure about this driftwood on my tank

Drumm22

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2020
Hey guys!

So I got this driftwood and I think its a great piece but I guess im just not creative enough to have a visual image of it in my head. I would love to hear what you guys could visualize. All I got is sticking anubias to it lol. My tank is 5ft long and 18" wide. This wood is approx 2ft long and 12" wide. I just really like things simple and more of into low light hehe.

Thanks guys!View attachment 1420387View attachment 1420388View attachment 1420389View attachment 1420390
Flip it over and bury the backside into the substrate, itll kina be a shallow cave????????

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
What else could u suggest hehe interms of rocks? Hahaha
I'd suggest rocks that don't float! :)

Not joking, either. I once purchased about 100 pounds of a rock called Feather Rock at a quarry near my home. It's a porous, volcanic rock, similar to lava rock used in barbecues...except it's so light that most of the pieces actually floated! And if you think that wood takes a long time to become waterlogged enough to sink, well...you ain't seen nuthin' yet...:)

Regarding your driftwood, I don't have much puffer experience, but that wood looks like a perfect base to anchor a few Anubias plants, and/or maybe some Java Moss. Both those species actually live and grow in my tanks, so you know that they are hardy. No idea of how the puffer would react, maybe someone could advise?

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
Im now searching for some themes with rocks! Im probably going with seiryu. Btw, does anyone know if theres anything i can do with this driftwood? I placed it at the center. Without the wavemaker, it stays perfectly fine in the center but when the wavemaker is on, it floats to the other side? I guess placing rocks could be an option but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Bluesandtwo

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2019
London UK
Definitely looks more natural in picture one, nice piece of wood. I think some rounded river stones would compliment it well.

tanharold

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2011
Philippines
It's like the driftwood can't handle the flow but I definitely would get rocks and think of a better template. I was thinking of doing kinda like a Lake Tanganyika set up even if my fish is a fahaka puffer lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store