Update to Sandbar Shark "Illegal Trafficker" Incident, MFK mentioned

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand

2 years later it's finally going to court. The article mentions MFK:
"Seguine was allegedly selling the sharks on MonsterFishKeepers.com, a forum for large and rare fish. The site's marketplace does have a section outlining fish banned for sale in different states."

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Neither do I.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
This goes to show that members who state things like "watch what you ask for" in regards to restrictions on those threads that have been popping up every few weeks are right about how easy it is for outside groups to monitor MFK.

Glad they made this comment. Showing MFK wasnt at fault

"The site's marketplace does have a section outlining fish banned for sale in different states".

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This goes to show that members who state things like "watch what you ask for" in regards to restrictions on those threads that have been popping up every few weeks are right about how easy it is for outside groups to monitor MFK.

Glad they made this comment. Showing MFK wasnt at fault

"The site's marketplace does have a section outlining fish banned for sale in different states".

To be fair bro I'm sure peeps on BOTH sides of those arguments can agree it's easy for outside groups to monitor MFK -- and if any are watching this particular thread, for the record:
a) Yes I'm American.
b) Yes I currently own 2 Asian Arowana -- just doing what I can to help: y'all might not be aware of it but there is actually now an over-supply of quality farm bred Asian Arowana on the market due to the great success of such commercial farms in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia & Thailand. Prices have also gone down significantly, you don't need to be rich to own a nice Asian Arowana nowadays -- a good AKC registered Labrador or Bulldog in the US will cost you equal or more.
c) No I don't live in the US, Asian Arowana ownership is perfectly legal in Thailand (as I personally believe it should be in the US too; hopefully some day).

Reactions: Dloks

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
To be fair bro I'm sure peeps on BOTH sides of those arguments can agree it's easy for outside groups to monitor MFK -- and if any are watching this particular thread, for the record:
a) Yes I'm American.
b) Yes I currently own 2 Asian Arowana -- just doing what I can to help: y'all might not be aware of it but there is actually now an over-supply of quality farm bred Asian Arowana on the market due to the great success of such commercial farms in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia & Thailand. Prices have also gone down significantly, you don't need to be rich to own a nice Asian Arowana nowadays -- a good AKC registered Labrador or Bulldog in the US will cost you equal or more.
c) No I don't live in the US, Asian Arowana ownership is perfectly legal in Thailand (as I personally believe it should be in the US too; hopefully some day).
Hahaha love the disclaimer. Only mentioning it because in one of thise threads another member cautioned about how the site is easily monitored and some where calling him a conspiracy theorist.

You see the story about the guy trying to smuggle an orangutan in a suitcase?

Reactions: islandguy11

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hahaha love the disclaimer. Only mentioning it because in one of thise threads another member cautioned about how the site is easily monitored and some where calling him a conspiracy theorist.

You see the story about the guy trying to smuggle an orangutan in a suitcase?
Yeah I saw that, it was a Russian guy. Ethical issues aside that's just plain stupidity. While I don't know the real stats, I'd guess concerned authorities have their hands much more full with traffickers of exotic land species compared to exotic fish smugglers, on the whole we aquarists are a humble, caring and law abiding bunch.

Reactions: jaws7777

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Anyone know what his username was on here BTW I cant remember this dudes name going around as a seller

islandguy11 islandguy11 thought you would want the latest update

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store