Urgent help please

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
If it's a Fahaka then most likely it's cb
Really, i would love to see notes or proof that Fahakas are Captive Bred, coz i would honestly love to know how they managed it as i’ve never actually seen or heard of commercial breeding for most puffer species except for species like dwarf puffers that can be easily sexed...

Essaf Victor Essaf Victor , kno4te kno4te is right, unless you see obvious signs of their being IP’s you normally can wait it out to see if there really is a need to deworm them...

What i would normally look out for is the following:

1. Any stringy looking poo (could be sign of ips)

2. After a big meal where there stomach is obviously full, i would expect it to remain at least somewhat round the next day... if by the next day it looks completely sunken in, that maybe a sign something is wrong (could be sign of possible ips)

3. Any un-usual behaviours, such as flashing or glass surfing (could be stressed or have other underlying problems)

Reactions: kno4te

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
Really, i would love to see notes or proof that Fahakas are Captive Bred, coz i would honestly love to know how they managed it as i’ve never actually seen or heard of commercial breeding for most puffer species except for species like dwarf puffers that can be easily sexed...

Essaf Victor Essaf Victor , kno4te kno4te is right, unless you see obvious signs of their being IP’s you normally can wait it out to see if there really is a need to deworm them...

What i would normally look out for is the following:

1. Any stringy looking poo (could be sign of ips)

2. After a big meal where there stomach is obviously full, i would expect it to remain at least somewhat round the next day... if by the next day it looks completely sunken in, that maybe a sign something is wrong (could be sign of possible ips)

3. Any un-usual behaviours, such as flashing or glass surfing (could be stressed or have other underlying problems)
I don’t have any proof but i’ve bought tiny fahaka that is less half an inch and they were labeled as cb.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Not saying you’re not credible, but I’ve seen plenty that size for sale in the past so not sure i buy it tbh...

I would also guess that if someone worked out how to CB these puffer they would be available year round rather than seasonally???

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
What are you feeding your puffer currently??? But i would say it looks a bit stringy, although could also be because of diet...

Reactions: Essaf Victor

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
He mostly at frozen blood worms he also ate a little bit of the viba bites Hakari food in my house while at the store I think he was eating some live snails

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Keep an eye on the poo for another day or two, if it keeps coming out like that, instead of in the shape of a pellet, then you may need to deworm your puffer for peace of mind...

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
Keep an eye on the poo for another day or two, if it keeps coming out like that, instead of in the shape of a pellet, then you may need to deworm your puffer for peace of mind...
I will wait tell tomorrow and then I will deside but can u tell me what is the recommended dosage of metro. For the puffer Incase I deside to treat him

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I will wait tell tomorrow and then I will deside but can u tell me what is the recommended dosage of metro. For the puffer Incase I deside to treat him
Unfortunately metro isnt available where i am so i can only suggest the following:

If you are going to dose the actual tank, i would start with half dose to make sure the puffer can handle the meds being scaless fish...

However, for interal parasites its normally recommended to pre-soak the food item(s) in a small container with medicated tank water for at least 30min - 1hr to ensure as much of the meds are absorbed into the food as possible...

As an example, i would do the following:

1. normally grab a clean 0.5 litre - 1 litre container with some tank water

2. medicate the water (inside the container) with a half the recommended dose of IP’s meds and give it a good stir...

3. Place the puffers food inside container and soak for 30-60min min

4. Finally i tend to feed the puffer using tongs to ensure he eats and to keep the tank clean...

This way i can also ensure the food is always soaking in the medicated water so it doesnt just get watered down by floating in the tank till the puffer eats...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store