Utah Ice

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
Has anyone heard or seen in their LFS a crystal rock that looks like a block or chunks of ice? I was wondering what it is exactly. I had a friend who had it in the tank and it desolved. I know that the Big Al's stores carry them I haven't checked the website to see if they have them there but I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about them and what they really are, what they are made up of especially if they are going to desolve in the tank.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
i saw some type of clear rock at my lfs but i have not idea what it was and i can't remember the price either.

skinless

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2005
Edmonton, CAN
i've seen it at the BgAls out here. no clue what it is and i'm glad i have zero interest in it. since it dissolves. wtf?

gmail1621

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
New York
It is Selenite. Utah Ice contains 10 ppm Copper, 20 ppm Lead, 100 ppm Strontium, low levels of silicon, and is 20 percent Calcium. These are the things that will be in your aquarium when it dissolves, which of course will raise your water's hardness.

It isn't safe for fish that are sensitive to heavy metals, fish that like soft water conditions, or fish that can injure themselves on the jagged rock edges.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store