Val melted

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Is the fluval aqusky good? I’d have to get the 24-36, not sure if that’s too small. May be good to have some lower light sections though as there is some anubias I don’t want to fry.

Reactions: Jim bean 20055

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I wound up getting the fluval aqua sky.
It looks great now. So bright! Makes it look like I wasn’t even running a light previously...
Now to figure out how to properly use the app...

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I wound up getting the fluval aqua sky.
It looks great now. So bright! Makes it look like I wasn’t even running a light previously...
Now to figure out how to properly use the app...
No help for you there, mine is a pre app version.

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I would have liked it to still come with the remote, in case something happens to the phone. Though the phone does actually have a remote section.
The automatic is cool. I figured out how to get a day/night schedule, there is supposed to be a way to make the colors change at different points though (it would be nice to have a reddish sunrise as opposed to instant bright white).
Now I have something to do over the weekend lol.

TwoTankAmin

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2008
New York
Newly acquired vals will often die off above the substrate but then they come back. here is a pice from tropical that explains why this can happen:

At Tropica we simulate the conditions prevailing in the tropical dry season throughout the growth of the plant. Only the roots are under water - planted in mineral wool in pots. The temperature and humidity in the greenhouses are controlled electronically so the climate is identical to that of a tropical rain forest, and powerful artificial light is provided above our growing tables to compensate for the short daylight hours in Denmark from September to March. The plants gather their strength and energy prior to spending a period under water just as they do in the wild. The light conditions, water hardness, pH value and EC value are rarely identical from one aquarium to the next. But a Tropica plant cultivated in emerse conditions always has the reserves and surplus energy needed to develop new leaves capable of flourishing in its new environment. If the same plant is cultivated under water it adapts to the water conditions prevailing in the nursery. It does not build up special reserves because it is already under water. So it finds it harder to adapt to a new aquatic environment. Some plants (e.g. Egeria, Cabomba and Vallisneria) are pure water plants. They are only found in the wild growing under water, so naturally Tropica cultivates these plants submersed in large tanks
from https://tropica.com/en/articles/about-emerse-production/

I planted corkscrew vals in my high tech tank and they all completely melted. This was the final result:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store