Vampire Crab Tank

chazwood918

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2012
CT
Those are amazing. All these amazing inverts are coming out of Indonesia recently but it kills me that these guys can't be kept submerged! I'm actually searching for some panther crabs myself. They get MUCH bigger than these guys which is cool but I cannot get over how unique vampire crabs are. Keep us posted!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Very nice setup and photos.

Koji

Piranha
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
Singapore
Those are amazing. All these amazing inverts are coming out of Indonesia recently but it kills me that these guys can't be kept submerged! I'm actually searching for some panther crabs myself. They get MUCH bigger than these guys which is cool but I cannot get over how unique vampire crabs are. Keep us posted!
Oh yes. I do notice they prefer the dry ground more. But sometime they will just go for a dip with the mollies. The mollies just mind their own business as well thus I find it rather safe to say they are of good combination. The mollies are in there just in case mosqitoes start to breed in there.

chazwood918

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2012
CT
Wow you may have a breeding pair. And if you do your research there is close to NOTHING out there regarding that! Pay close attention, this thread could become extremely informative for others who have or are planning on owning vampire crabs!

Reactions: TroyMIfishkeeper
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store