Varmints

ygwilliam

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2017
California
Thanks for all the suggestions... I thought about shooting it but decided that wasn’t wise since I’m in A residential area... so I made my pond larger and I am going to try to see if a varmint net works.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
The crazy thing about it was that my brother was staying with me at the time. I came home and the refrigerator and the freezer was left open. When I came into the house I could here this beeping noise. I go upstairs thinking that it was an alarm clock. Not! When I go in the kitchen I see they were open. I knew my brother had a lot on his mind at the time, so I just called to remind him to close them, since he was not home. My brother said when he woke up he never went into the kitchen and left right out the house. I went back into the kitchen later and I noticed that 6 or 7 jelly packs that I had got when I purchased some Popeye's chicken were opened. I called him back and asked about the Jelly packs. He said he had not eaten any jelly. Now I know something else is up, because he would remember that. I go to the bathroom and noticed a dirty hand print on the bathroom tissue. The hand print looks to be the size of a 2 year old child. So we assumed his ex had come there with her 2-3 year old nephew. A couple hours later I went into a bedroom and the blinds had been moved. He was ready to call her up and lay her out. I go downstairs and was sitting on the couch and looked over at the love seat and noticed some dirty prints on it. Then I noticed the fireplace doors had been pried open. My brother said man you have a raccoon in the house and they have hands like people. We searched the entire house and could not find him. Animal control came out and looked at everything, confirmed what we thought, and they set up a trap. He was down in the basement, so we just did not go down there. But I left the basement bathroom door open so I guess he was getting water from the toilet. The reason it took so long to catch him is because they did not place the trap in the right place. They had it on the top step, and I told them he would not step up into the trap. Eventually they came back and placed it flat on the floor and he went inside it. Another crazy thing is how he removed a piece of molding from around the back door to try and get out.
Lol that's awesome,glad you eventually caught the coon.

davemal

Piranha
MFK Member
May 15, 2007
Neath
I have the same problem with cats... You can buy humane traps like a cage with a trap door, not sure if you are allowed to move racoons though.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store