May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Reactions: Jexnell

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
My largest tank would be my three 75 gallons.

I had actually been looking at that pump but I’m not sure it fits my needs.
What I’m looking for is a pump that I can attatch some tubing or a hose when sucking the water up and the same for emptying it. The product in the link you provided I don’t believe has the ability to connect hosing or tubing to suck the water up.
I think that it sucks water in from the cage, correct?

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
My largest tank would be my three 75 gallons.

I had actually been looking at that pump but I’m not sure it fits my needs.
What I’m looking for is a pump that I can attatch some tubing or a hose when sucking the water up and the same for emptying it. The product in the link you provided I don’t believe has the ability to connect hosing or tubing to suck the water up.
I think that it sucks water in from the cage, correct?
The cage is just to stop solids being sucked up if you look close up you can see the threaded inlet behind the cage. Can attach a hose barb of sorts. I run a 4000gph pump to empty my 500gallon I just do my vacuuming into a bucket then drop the pump in to the tank and turn it on with the hose onto the lawn.

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I agree with R Rhyno8 about vacuuming into a bucket. It’s really not good for a pump to suck debris through it. Best to just use the bucket for siphoning and then finish the job with a pump. However, with your biggest tank being a 75, you definitely don’t need a 4000 gph pump. Something in the 2000 gph will work out just fine and will have your tank drained in less than ten minutes.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I hadn’t considered the fact that a pump was made to move water alone so other materials might damage it. Thank you for that observation Rhyno8 .
I’m now thinking that I’ll spot clean with my python and use the pump to take the rest of the water out. It should still save me a good bit of time.

Oh I just thought to mention something. The sole reason my water changes take long enough for me to be looking for a faster way is because I can’t fill my tank directly from the tap. I have to drain the tank, pump water into my brute trash can, treat it, then pump it back into the tank. Doing it for three 75 gallons, two 55 gallons, a 29, a 20, and two 5 gallons takes a decent bit of time.

Anyway, Travis, the link I supplied originally has a 2,000 gph version as well. Do you think that there would be a difference between the 2,000 gph version of the one I posted and the 2,000 gph version you posted?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I hadn’t considered the fact that a pump was made to move water alone so other materials might damage it. Thank you for that observation Rhyno8 .
I’m now thinking that I’ll spot clean with my python and use the pump to take the rest of the water out. It should still save me a good bit of time.

Oh I just thought to mention something. The sole reason my water changes take long enough for me to be looking for a faster way is because I can’t fill my tank directly from the tap. I have to drain the tank, pump water into my brute trash can, treat it, then pump it back into the tank. Doing it for three 75 gallons, two 55 gallons, a 29, a 20, and two 5 gallons takes a decent bit of time.

Anyway, Travis, the link I supplied originally has a 2,000 gph version as well. Do you think that there would be a difference between the 2,000 gph version of the one I posted and the 2,000 gph version you posted?
At the same rating, they will probably perform similarly with what you’re using them for.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Thank you for your help travis, I’ll most likely make my order soon after doing a few other things.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Well I finally stopped putting it off and ordered it. I actually got the 4,000 gph one since it was 98 cents less than the 2,000 gph one haha.
I’ll post a short video of it emptying out one of my 75 gallons once I get it.
Currently it takes 1 hour from start to finish to do a roughly 80% water change on the 75, we’ll see how long it takes once I get it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store