Warrior Flowerhorn?

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I am slightly disappointed you didn't go pick up the best kamfa fry that dude had for $10 locally in favor of this red dragon cull...
The little guy is really cute now though.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Where are the black markings?
He may be a 'free marking'. They don't have the stripes, just the pearls. It's one of the classes in the flowerhorn competitions.

Reactions: Ruturaj

Ash_water

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2018
Colombo Sri Lanka
instagram.com
I’ve posted some pics on other threads asking about my Flowerhorn because it looks different than others I see. I saw this one called a warrior Flowerhorn and I think it looks a lot like mine. What is a warrior Flowerhorn exactly? Do you think that’s what I have? It was sold to me as an SRD
First two pics are mine, last pic is a warrior Flowerhorn
Thanks?

View attachment 1400335

View attachment 1400336

View attachment 1400337
From SRD point of view, your fish looks like a female. There are so many names for the same type of flowerhorn it's crazy!!

Small tip when buying flowerhorns. Don't buy fish under 4 inches unless you wanna take the risk of losing time and effort.
If you are buying fish like Thai Silk Or Golden Base you may have more luck when buying small fish.
I too recently had the same issue after buying a juvi flowerhorn. Though it was super good looking I was not sure whether male or female.
That's the risk you take when buying baby fish.

I got my Golden Base Fader when he was about 6 inches. I have never looked back since as the fish already had all the features I look in a flowerhorn. Now at about 9 inches it looks even better.
Also when buying flowerhorns try to buy from a specialized breeder. You'll save tons of time and effort in doing so.

Your flowerhorn looks good and more classic looking. If you enjoy it, that's what matters. I personally like the more classic look of some flowerhorns. They tend to be healthier and tougher.

Happy Flowerhorn keeping

Reactions: Joshuakahan

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
From SRD point of view, your fish looks like a female. There are so many names for the same type of flowerhorn it's crazy!!

Small tip when buying flowerhorns. Don't buy fish under 4 inches unless you wanna take the risk of losing time and effort.
If you are buying fish like Thai Silk Or Golden Base you may have more luck when buying small fish.
I too recently had the same issue after buying a juvi flowerhorn. Though it was super good looking I was not sure whether male or female.

I got my Golden Base Fader when he was about 6 inches. I have never looked back since as the fish already had all the features I look in a flowerhorn. Now at about 9 inches it looks even better.
Also when buying flowerhorns try to buy from a specialized breeder. You'll save tons of time and effort in doing so.

Your flowerhorn looks good and more classic looking. If you enjoy it, that's what matters. I personally like the more classic look of some flowerhorns. They tend to be healthier and tougher.

Happy Flowerhorn keeping
I am slightly disappointed you didn't go pick up the best kamfa fry that dude had for $10 locally in favor of this red dragon cull...
The little guy is really cute now though.
i tried but he wanted to sell me a group and wouldn’t sell just one. I’ll post a vid of the little guy in a month. It’s looking like it’s gonna turn out pretty nice

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019

Happy Flowerhorn keeping
Thanks, when you say it looks like a female, are you referring to the first one or the new fry?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store