Watch Him Grow: My male Green Terror named Kai

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario

I need to get my real camera sorted out and get some better footage and photos for next month's update. Everything you see was taking with my Samsung note 3.

Male, unknown age. His name is Kai. His wifey is named Devi.

I have had them in my care for a month now and so for they have spawned once. Growing fairly well too.

The plan is to update the thread once a month with a short video clip and a few photos. I wanted to track their growth and share their progression for those who are interested.

I will do my best to answer any questions if there are any.

That's all for now.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Wow that is a nice looking tank. They spawn so young lol can't wait to see them grow. Cool thread

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Wow that is a nice looking tank. They spawn so young lol can't wait to see them grow. Cool thread
Thanks.

Yeah I didn't expect that either to be honest but it happened. The fry made it to free swimming but at the time I had 6 GTs in there and the mom couldn't keep them from.getting eaten up.

I really don't want to raise fry anyhow, I just wanted to keep a pair.

I moved recently and was forced to hack down all my bolbitis because they were looking terrible. The plants being out of water for a day must have shocked them. The needle leaf fern had to be thinned out too. Lots of leaves dying. The tank should bounce back in a few months or so.

I also want to find some rock for around the base of the wood to add. Darker color. Not sure what yet though.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
That tank is GREAT! Great photos too!
I actually don't think the photos are terrible but they are pretty poor quality.

I use my video and grab still images from the best frames I can find to make photos. Because they are so small still and move constantly it's hard to grab a nice shot. Thanks though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store