Water changing hose

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I like gravity feed and less things I need to keep. That’s reason I want larger hose instead of pumping it out.
You’d have to have a massive hose to keep up with what a pump can do with 1” vinyl tubing.

It really all comes down to preference though. I want my tank drained and filled as soon as possible, so I run extra equipment to make that happen. Others don’t want the hassle of extra equipment so they don’t mind the process taking a bit longer.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
I like gravity feed and less things I need to keep. That’s reason I want larger hose instead of pumping it out.
If you are going to end up keeping the smaller diameter hose after buying the larger diameter hose, you can use both the larger diameter hose and smaller hose at the same time, and get a faster drain.

Reactions: jaws7777

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
You’d have to have a massive hose to keep up with what a pump can do with 1” vinyl tubing.

It really all comes down to preference though. I want my tank drained and filled as soon as possible, so I run extra equipment to make that happen. Others don’t want the hassle of extra equipment so they don’t mind the process taking a bit longer.
My tank is next to my PC, so I just throw a hose in, drain, connect the end to the kitchen sink, refill. Takes 30-45 minutes for the whole process. But I'm sitting next to it playing around on my computer, so it's like 2 minutes, play on PC for 15 minutes while it empties, 2 minutes, play on PC for 15 minutes while it fills. Less than 5 minutes actually doing anything.

If it took less time it would take more time because it would be 5 minutes while it drains, 5 minutes while it fills, play on PC for 30 minutes. More than twice as long!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store