Water Mystery

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I get up today and I notice that one of the tanks in the room has about 10-15% of the water missing, and as I look down everything on the floor is wet! I run up to it and look for the source of the problem.
Filter overflowing, not that.
Air pump stopped and the airs-stone tube sucking all the water out, not that. (happened before on a different tank).
Checking the tank allover for leaks, everything seems fine.
I tried to clean up as much water as possible and will keep wait for everything to dry out and see if any more water leaks out somehow.

:swear:

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
a very notable lesson I've learned over the past 2 years is that air pumps are wholly nonessential, heck even detrimental and ugly.

zongling

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 26, 2005
not exactly... becoz air pump can help to improve the oxygen level in water and especially in tank with heavy bioload.

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
yeah... but you could still spend the 10 bucks on a small power filter, instead of an air pump...

sephir420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i would say if the filter isent leaking and the air pump is still runing and not siphoning. is there a power head with an airation tube atached? if so is that power head still running? i have had my tank siphon threw that once when the power head stoped running. i hate mistery leaks. how big is the tank? hopefuly it isent a leak in the base plate on the tank. :werd:

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Well funny thing is, the filter was not leaking, the air pump was not leaking and working properly.... after I dried up the floor to see where the water is leaking and not finding anything I filled up the tank again. And the water is holding in there just fine... weirdest thing ever.

Good that the tank is small, its a 30 gallon for my Angel Fish pair that I am trying to breed.

freeform

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
red dot island
piranha45 said:
yeah... but you could still spend the 10 bucks on a small power filter, instead of an air pump...
true... and the small power filter also creats some current for the fishes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store