Wave pump?

clinton o

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2010
norco ca
I have a 120 gallon tank with a 350 gph/175 gallon canister filter. With a couple peacock bass in it. I'm going to install a couple of wave pumps but not sure what size I should get. 660,1050 or 2100 gph pumps. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
I have a 120 gallon tank with a 350 gph/175 gallon canister filter. With a couple peacock bass in it. I'm going to install a couple of wave pumps but not sure what size I should get. 660,1050 or 2100 gph pumps. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
I'd go with adjustable 2100GPH ones. Something like a few Jebao OW25s, nice wide variable flow, lots of adjustment, night mode etc. And they're pretty inexpensive.

jhw1126

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2019
I personally recommend crossflow pump, better flow patterns and eliminate dead spots.

Recently jebao came out with a wifi version of their cp lineup. Note: Wifi version not wireless, wireless is useless. I got it roughly 3 months now. I used to have the wireless one, the only difference is their controller, sadly they don't sell them separately.

It gives you plenty of options to customize the flow. You can choose different type of flow at you desired strength at different time. Which is very nice if you ask me.

I have set up 6 types of flow patterns/strength through the day. Soft wave at night, faster pluse in the morning to wake the fish up, ramp up then random wave to simulate a fast moving water body, slowing down before feeding mode and 100% flush after feeding. Works like charm, no more gravel vacuuming, no more aggression( i have cichlids) since they are now too busy swimming lol, ofcourse you could dial it down but I like it the way it is for now

jhw1126

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2019
oh yeah I forgot, I have a cp40( roughly 4500gph at max) in a 5 feet tank also 120g. Beside flushing the tank it will only stay on about 60% or else my substrate will be blast around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store