*Wave*

Artt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2018
Australia
I skipped this bit when I joined and dived straight into reading all of the things and posting >.> Ooops

I'm just a wanna be monster fish keeper at the moment. My boyfriend has banned me from anymore tanks in the house, he said nothing about outside....but I'm pretty certain it was implied. I'm allowed another tank after we move house :)

I have been keeping goldfish for just over 5 years now. I've bred a few, I've rescued some, I've sold a few. I am however back to the original three I started with years ago and a few of the fry that I got too attached to, to part with. Oh and one random old chubby black moor who is currently demelanizing in her old age and has a cataract in one eye. I have 8 in total, all happily living in a pond on my deck.

Inside I have a 55g and a 110g. I'm waiting on the silicon on the 110 to cure at the moment.

I've also kept betta's and axolotls in the past.

I'm just setting up my first cichlid tank. I have been fish geeking out over it for weeks and driving the boyfriend mad, haha. He prefers shrimp and plants. :p

I'm Kat, I'm an Aussie and I'm here to fish geek and get jealous of all the fish that aren't available in Australia.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome.

Reactions: tlindsey

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Welcome kat. What kind if cichlids are you planning on keeping

Artt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2018
Australia
Welcome kat. What kind if cichlids are you planning on keeping
At the moment I'm growing out 6 blue acara, not those stupid neon/electric things (no offense meant to anyone), just the normal ones. I've been hunting LFS for a few other things but I'm having no luck, they either want my first born in trade or just don't have what I'm looking for.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
At the moment I'm growing out 6 blue acara, not those stupid neon/electric things (no offense meant to anyone), just the normal ones. I've been hunting LFS for a few other things but I'm having no luck, they either want my first born in trade or just don't have what I'm looking for.
That sounds like fun. I too like the regular acara over the neon ones

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
I skipped this bit when I joined and dived straight into reading all of the things and posting >.> Ooops

I'm just a wanna be monster fish keeper at the moment. My boyfriend has banned me from anymore tanks in the house, he said nothing about outside....but I'm pretty certain it was implied. I'm allowed another tank after we move house :)

I have been keeping goldfish for just over 5 years now. I've bred a few, I've rescued some, I've sold a few. I am however back to the original three I started with years ago and a few of the fry that I got too attached to, to part with. Oh and one random old chubby black moor who is currently demelanizing in her old age and has a cataract in one eye. I have 8 in total, all happily living in a pond on my deck.

Inside I have a 55g and a 110g. I'm waiting on the silicon on the 110 to cure at the moment.

I've also kept betta's and axolotls in the past.

I'm just setting up my first cichlid tank. I have been fish geeking out over it for weeks and driving the boyfriend mad, haha. He prefers shrimp and plants. :p

I'm Kat, I'm an Aussie and I'm here to fish geek and get jealous of all the fish that aren't available in Australia.
... I think I found my sister from another mister...

Welcome to the forum! So glad to see another with a love of gold. Lol pics plz!

Reactions: jaws7777

Artt

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2018
Australia
... I think I found my sister from another mister...

Welcome to the forum! So glad to see another with a love of gold. Lol pics plz!
Oh geez, The only pictures I have on this pc are baby pictures of the very first 3 I got and still have. They are Aussie goldfish so not the beautiful things you guys get there, they are pet shop mongrels.

Most of the pictures I have on here are of fry, it just looks like pictures of lots of tiny twigs. lol

20161117_155916.jpg 20161117_155841.jpg

Go_redfish

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2018
Oh geez, The only pictures I have on this pc are baby pictures of the very first 3 I got and still have. They are Aussie goldfish so not the beautiful things you guys get there, they are pet shop mongrels.

Most of the pictures I have on here are of fry, it just looks like pictures of lots of tiny twigs. lol

View attachment 1353212 View attachment 1353213
If they make you happy, that's all that matters darlin! Hang what anyone else thinks!

They are lovely and if someone tells you different, punch 'em in the throat XD

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store