Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

Weird bugs in my shrimp tank

Discussion in 'Freshwater Diseases and Health Issues' started by Crazyfishgirl, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Crazyfishgirl

Crazyfishgirl Feeder Fish

Kayla
      Tuesday at 8:24 PM
      So I have a 10 gal red cherry shrimp and crayfish tank (crayfish doesn’t give a crap about the shrimp, they climb all over her she doesn’t care) that used to be a catch all tank. Lately I’ve been doing lots up updating on this tank so it doesn’t look like a thrown together with whatever left over pieces we have left kind of tank (even though it was). A while back I added a sponge filter, some hornwort, and a few pieces of driftwood. About a month or so ago I added some java moss from petco and now I’ve noticed lots of weird looking bugs all over, if anyone knows what they are, or if they are harmful to my shrimpies or Clay?? I’ve been taking them out as I see them, and I checked my tank levels, ph was slightly high but not bad, nitrites were zero, nitrates were slightly high but again not bad. I was planning on doing a water change today when I found a whole bunch of the wiggly stick looking ones. Any info is helpful!

1043D815-FB0B-4A9B-982D-9D0FB80EEBB1.jpeg 6DBD0FCF-6821-4AE7-BB9E-5069AD6834E9.jpeg

2. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Today at 6:19 PM
      Hello; I have an idea but need to check it out. I think both are aquatic insect nymphs. The one with three tails might be a mayfly nymph. Not sure about the other.

Matteus likes this.
    3. skjl47

skjl47 Potamotrygon

Jeff
      Today at 6:19 PM
      Matteus likes this.
    4. kno4te

kno4te MFK Moderators
      Staff Member

Ron
      Today at 6:33 PM
      Looks like damselfly and dragonfly larvae.

Matteus likes this.
    5. Crazyfishgirl

Crazyfishgirl Feeder Fish

Kayla
      Tuesday at 8:24 PM
      So I’ve googled both damselfly and dragonfly nymphs, and I think your right, the stick one is definitely looks like damselfly and the round one looks like a very young dragonfly nymph. Is it weird that I kind of want to grow them up and see what happens?

Matteus likes this.
    6. kno4te

kno4te MFK Moderators
      Staff Member

Ron
      Today at 6:33 PM
      Not wierd. Different strokes for different folks!

Matteus likes this.