Weld On 16 application?

CichlidZ67

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Charlotte, NC
My internal overflow box is leaking on the bottom seam. Acrylic on Acrylic. Lucky I only got 10 gallons of water in when I noticed. Tank is 20 year old 110 gallon. Can I use a paint brush or make up applicator? Maybe a pop sickle stick? As fast as this syrup shoots out I don't want to make a mess!

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
16 skins over pretty quick so doing something like that might not work well. They make small little tips to help control the flow.
I usually don't squeeze the tube much, let gravity help you dispense what you need.
Also don't try to wipe up your mess or extra, you will just make it worse. If needed you can clean it up once to hardens a little.

Reactions: CichlidZ67

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Tilt the tank then apply the 16. Should work well. One of the few uses it’s good for in my opinion is sealing overflows.

Reactions: CichlidZ67

CichlidZ67

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Charlotte, NC
Tilt the tank then apply the 16. Should work well. One of the few uses it’s good for in my opinion is sealing overflows.
Great news! Thanks so much for the advice. At wits end. I couldn't tilt the tank, but I practiced with the tube of 16 on a sheet of cardboard. Put more on than needed, but had minimal mess. Did inside and outside of overflow. Fingers crossed!! It's not like visible seams, these will be covered by sand. Went ahead and did inside vertical seams (2) just to be safe. 24 hrs or 48 to cure to 80%?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store