What are these plaques on Rosemariae Pike

Armatus Red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
As you can see I got 3 Crenicichla rosemariae from my friend but all of them are with the black or green plaques on their skin. I don’t know what are these and it looks like some kind of infection.
Is it dangerous for pikes or what should I do to cure these fish and make them back to original?

Armatus Red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
I don’t have a name for it, but to me, it looks a a nasty bacterial infection that needs to be treated pronto. It should be curable but might leave permanent scarring.
Thanks bro, but I think this kind of infection may not be fatal to pikes, since I found more than eighty percent form this batch of rosemarie have problems like this, and I knew some Johnana pike like this survived and lived for a longtime, but all of them have an awful look with these plaques, so I’m not sure if I should do some medical cure to keep them survive.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
This was discussed in the past. It’s a some type of disease seen in some pikes. Not sure origins and hasn’t been identified. Some believe to be viral or cancerous. It has been lethal or will be lethal. Time will tell.

Armatus Red

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
What are your water parameters? pH, hardness, conductivity?
Do you add tannins?
I didn’t test it, but I can tell these data is on average level, and I didn’t add tannins or any other chemical substance. these plaques are on their skins when they were imported from their habitat. Now I suspect that the local water pollution is the main reason.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store