What can i do?

ScienceofFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
My arowana probably tried to jump in the middle of the night and hit the lid of my aquarium. Now its like this. What can i do? Its still eating and acting normal.IMG_20190213_123800.jpg IMG_20190213_123751.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Wait it out and reduce stress. Keep water clean. Not much else.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Hopefully it's temporary and will be back to normal soon.

Insofar as future preventive measures, who knows if it hit the lid or maybe the center brace; so just as a bit of extra precaution you might think about putting some yoga mat or similar around that brace. Blocks out a bit of light but I'm ok with that, Aros don't need to be staring up at full-on lighting all the time.

New 325g install g Padding on braces sm.jpg

Also instead of a hard lid I opted for using this strong plastic mesh riveted into aluminum siding pieces for this DIY lid -- it's kinda light in weight but can be secured strongly by properly adjusted bungy cords or similar. More evaporation of water I guess, but again a trade-off I prefer for a bit more safety and peace of mind.

325g GH Lid ab.jpg

Hope your beauty recovers soon!

ScienceofFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Hopefully it's temporary and will be back to normal soon.

Insofar as future preventive measures, who knows if it hit the lid or maybe the center brace; so just as a bit of extra precaution you might think about putting some yoga mat or similar around that brace. Blocks out a bit of light but I'm ok with that, Aros don't need to be staring up at full-on lighting all the time.

View attachment 1360386

Also instead of a hard lid I opted for using this strong plastic mesh riveted into aluminum siding pieces for this DIY lid -- it's kinda light in weight but can be secured strongly by properly adjusted bungy cords or similar. More evaporation of water I guess, but again a trade-off I prefer for a bit more safety and peace of mind.

View attachment 1360387

Hope your beauty recovers soon!
I have an overhead filter and the centre brace. I think it hit that. I hope its temporary, i actually got it out, sedated it and attempted to realign the spine but i felt no abnormalities in bone structure. (Im a trained nurse so i did how i would for a human being) so i hope its a bruise or something and heals on its own.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store