What did I catch

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
So a few years back my dad and I took a trip down to the potomac river to catch some catfish. Overall it was a great trip i caught my pb fish (23 pound blue catfish) and a 15 pound blue cat on a trout rod. We were using a mix for cut sunfish, white perch, gizzard shad, and when we got bored used some livers on small rods for channel catfish. We caught alot of blue and channel catfish ranging from 3-8 pounds and they all looked normal and healthy execpt for 2 "blue catifish". They looked sort of deformed but I didn't think much of it at the time but I was looking back at the pictures and thought maybe they could be blue x channel hybrids. I do not have alot of experience with hybrids so thats why im asking here. Tell me what you guys think

fish 1
blue hybird.jpg

fish 2
blue hyrbid 2.jpg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Fish 2 is a blue, fish one may be a hybrid, these hybrids aren't as rare as most people think, they tend to behave more like blue catfish

jstevenz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2010
chicago il
I don't think either of those are channels. The caudal fin of a chanell doesn't have as pronounced "indent" as the blues or hybrids. Also, blues tend to have straight backs and big bellys as channels for the most part are consistently long and slender (with the exception of pigs). The hybrids ive seen tend to be more oval. I think you may have two smaller blues or a hybrid and a blue.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store