what do you think of these guys?

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Note: Not my fish or my images. Also, I didn't think the color balance was great on the original pictures, so I made a small adjustment in picasa.

Male kamfa. I know it's not a show stopper, but I like the overall look. The stripes are cool, and it has a cute face.

Another male kamfa. I don't like this quite one as much, but it's a nice looking fish.

Last one, a gold base male kamfa. A pretty little flowerhorn, but way expensive.

Also, there are a lot of cool kamfa flowerhorns for sale from Thailand on this site. These and the ones above are all $400+.
http://www.thaifh.com/rare.html

Reactions: Ozzie73

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
All 3 are very nice, high quality FH's, most any FH lover would be happy to have any one of them. Very expensive compared to local prices, but of course one has to account for supply-market demands, not to mention the costs of international shipping and handling so this is to be expected. Let us know if you spring for one!

Also I have to agree, the first one does have one of the cuter Flowerhorn faces I've seen.

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
That 2nd one! Nice!!

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Trying to determine the strain of thos male he is about 4 inches

View attachment 1385596
It actually looks like a fairly standard king kamfa to my eye. Nice fish if that's what you're going for. But there is so much variation from fish to fish, and so many different names being used, that it's hard to say for sure.

I personally like more of a red flowerhorn. If I wanted a blue pearly fish, I'd get a Herichthys carpintis.

Hammbone216

Feeder Fish
Aug 16, 2019
It actually looks like a fairly standard king kamfa to my eye. Nice fish if that's what you're going for. But there is so much variation from fish to fish, and so many different names being used, that it's hard to say for sure.

I personally like more of a red flowerhorn. If I wanted a blue pearly fish, I'd get a Herichthys carpintis.

The breeder told me kml strain so we shall see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store