What do your pacus eat?

VeggieMite

Feeder Fish
Jul 4, 2019
Hi Everyone
I've got some red bellied rescue pacus. They about a year old by my guess (20cm long). They don't like veggies, they chow carnivore pellets and banana but they won't touch green veggies or potatoes. Any pacu owners here that can give me advice?

IMG_20190629_200238.jpg

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Try green peas, Grapes and cherry tomatoes witout its seeds

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Pacu are very messy eaters, and water quality issues can become a problem with big pacu in smaller tanks. My pacu will eat anything and everything. I feed them food that they inhale and swallow without chewing....there is a lot less debris in the water... My pacu get fed this:

https://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/fish-food-feeders/kens-premium-veggie-wafers.html

I used to feed them Cobalt Aquatics Algae Grazers available in 6 pound tubs on Amazon.

Feeding them table foods was mostly for our enjoyment. Here's old video from over 9 years ago. The water is gross and disgusting from all the potato debris. Feeding this way raises the nitrates faster than I care to deal with.

Reactions: moe214 and LBDave

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I don't have any pacu but as a treat I give my red hooks some blackberries from the tree in my yard as well as bits of lettuce and other greens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store