What happen to that Great White in captivity

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Last I heard, it broke the captivity record for Great Whites.. After that, it must of died, because I never heard anything of it. Wasnt it at Monteray Bay Aquarium, and they had a live video feed of it on the website? I am sure they have info on it..

Dargath78

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
From their site:

In September 2004, the aquarium became the first in the world to place a white shark on long-term exhibit. The shark was released successfully back to the wild in March 2005, after 198 days at the aquarium. We tracked her movements for the first 30 days after her release.

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
They had to let it go, because it ate 2 soup fin sharks in the exhibit and began showing signs of aggression to other tank inhabitants. was eating and growing so well they had to release it before it made meals out of all of its tank mates

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
If it's doing so good, and its the only one in captivity, screw the tankmates.. :) You can always get more, but how often do healthy captive Great Whites come along? Soup fin sharks, exactly, they are for soup.. :)

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
it wasent doing good
its nose was all fuced up

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
naw, it was healthy as can be, i saw it about a month before it was released. it was just growing at too quick a pace and it started recognizing tankmates as food instead of neighbors. i wouldhave loved to see how long they could keep it for, but it gets way too big so i guess it was for the better.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
its nose was all ****ed up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store