What has happened to my snail ?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I wouldn’t be optimistic.
Is it still attached to the shell or completely detached?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I wouldn’t be optimistic.
Is it still attached to the shell or completely detached?
It is attached but dead ??

What was that things cause
How did it happen?

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
This has happened to marine snails of mine. Hermits eat it before I can get a good look though.
Chances are there was something off with the water or it simply reached old age (snails don’t exactly win first prize on lifespan) and died. I’ve had a mystery snail that died after giving birth once. I can’t say for sure why it would have dropped its mantle though.
Ulu Ulu has some mystery snail experience I think.

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
Ulu Ulu dude pls help me so that I can save others if I buy them in future

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I’m sorry to tell you that once this starts happening you will probably not save them.

Every time I have lost snails in large numbers it is been because of a water change which affected their water chemistry. They are very sensitive if the water you add to them is a little harder or a little softer. Maybe you added something to the tank that changed their water chemistry?

Punjabiking1500

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2020
I’m sorry to tell you that once this starts happening you will probably not save them.

Every time I have lost snails in large numbers it is been because of a water change which affected their water chemistry. They are very sensitive if the water you add to them is a little harder or a little softer. Maybe you added something to the tank that changed their water chemistry?
He was in a temporary tank because i am out of station I brought him with me that red thing u see is a piece of tomato that I gave to him that evening which was his favourite food

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
In such a small area the tomato probably poisoned the water. Snail probably would have been best left in his tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store