What have we done.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
US set to put up a desalination plant for supplying water to California .
We first kill freshwater livestock by reducing water levels and now want to kill marine wildlife by pouring concentrated brine into the sea. People have gone all bonkers. They simply don't care.
And we already know how hot water temps make certain pathogens more virulent and then this happens.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
That would be the second one in California that I know of. The one further south has been in use for at least 6 years (2015). So they can use the studies around there to see what really happens in the area.

The interviews make it sound like it's the first time California is doing it.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
There are now over 20,000 desalination plants worldwide. It's not just a California thing. Check out Saudi Arabias dependence on desal plants.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Yeah, I figured there were more. So why haven't the folks in that broadcast use those previous desalination plants as a poster child NOT to setup a desalination plant. " The one in x area has contributed to x.... Look at how bad it is there...."

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
There are now over 20,000 desalination plants worldwide. It's not just a California thing. Check out Saudi Arabias dependence on desal plants.
Im not pinpointing California, it's just that what the hell have we done with earth. And very few people seem to care. I'm not saying America is doing it wrong or Saudi doing right. What I'm saying is what have we done or are doing to prevent more desalination plant being setup.

Reactions: robmcd
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store