What is one of the best cichlid foods for color and growth

Jwilson02124

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2015
Good evening I currently have a jack Dempseys and a firemouth and a Oscar I am feeding they hikari cichlid gold or is there something I can add to there diet to help with color and growth thank you image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Hikari is a good and pretty cheap staple.

Bloodworms, live food, NLS, other frozen foods, fresh shrimp/fish, and fresh veggies are all good for various things.

Shrimp improve reds, veggies usually help with blues and greens but some have red stuff in them (terminology is awful)

If live food dont use feeders, breed Jewels or Cons. Live food is more natural and has nutrients.

LogiBear

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2015
Minnesota
Btw, a plainer colored decor system will help show off the colors better. The bright colors dont contrast well, and the fish also may not feel completely secure on it which could mean color dulling. A black gravel with driftwood and (fake) plants will be more natural and complimentary.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
NLS. New Life Spectrum. I would also like to commend you on your decorations. The multi colored gravel! Tree with flowers! Oh, and the sponge bob decor! AMAZING! Your fish must feel right at home in nature!
LMAO!!!! you dick

Nls is great, I also use hikari bio gold as staples in the diet of my fish
+1 for Bio-Gold+............shrimp and krill also

Reactions: ECW and axs377

Walzon1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
I feel it's not to feed one best food but focus more on variety. Krill will help with color so will bloodworms but frozen or live should be in the diet. Northfin has some good pellets and I heard sera is good haven't tried though

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
NLS. New Life Spectrum. I would also like to commend you on your decorations. The multi colored gravel! Tree with flowers! Oh, and the sponge bob decor! AMAZING! Your fish must feel right at home in nature!
Talking about nature with a flower horn avatar lol.

I would some frozen stuff in there. I don't know if it actually helps with color but I'm sure they'll enjoy a treat from time to time.

Reactions: DMD123 and ECW

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
I like your aquascaping. Has some character and shows some effort, better than most on here. NLS pellets, my friend!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store