What is the coolest fish you have seen at petsmart or petco

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Amatitlania nanolutea
Unfortunately this was before I had a tank for them, either way I got my pair for the same price so I don't feel like I missed out

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Petsmart was senegal bichirs and leaf fish, both of which mine stopped carrying. Hard to say for petco, I’ve seen an african brown knive which I got, Ropefish which I also got, ornate bichirs, and a few other things maybe but it shows that the rarest thing they can get in are uncommon things.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Petsmart was senegal bichirs and leaf fish, both of which mine stopped carrying. Hard to say for petco, I’ve seen an african brown knive which I got, Ropefish which I also got, ornate bichirs, and a few other things maybe but it shows that the rarest thing they can get in are uncommon things.
Today the manager of the Petco near me said she could special order fish for me. I purchased 4 Electric Blue Jack Dempsey for $19.99 a piece. First time ever seeing them there.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I heard someone in my petco talk about bringing in a black tang but it didn’t happen.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I went a few weeks ago, and saw a Mastacembelus armatus, the Spiny Yellowatail Version. Zig Zag Spiny Yellowtail Eel. Also saw a Blood Parrot Cichlid. That was at PetSmart. At PetCo, I forgot what type of tang it was, but it was pretty bland, Spotted Mandarin Goby (I remember that since it was one of the prettiest fish I‘ve seen), and even a Tessolate Eel (I remember that since then, I have never seen an eel in captivity). The rarest inverts at petco: Harlequin Shrimp, A Blue Starfish (IDK what type) and a Feather Duster (TINY TINY). I know this seems like a lot of rare stuff, but go onto their website! They have a LOT!

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store