What kind of Arowana is this?

pltdbk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hey guys. I contacted my LFS and he sent me pictures of a new shipment of arowanas he just received. He says they are called albino 24k arowana. I have never heard of a arowana species like this before and cannot find any information online. They look rather unique and I am interested if they are any good. What kind of arowana is this? Help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

IMG_0095.JPG

Reactions: Charliea36

Chaos32

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 14, 2006
Singapore / Malaysia
Marketing hyperbole. I thought Albinos always came with red eyes? Basic strain is Silver Aro. Mutation in this case with a fancy name.

BlackT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2017
Those are albino silver aros, but definitely not 24k. They're not cheap, here in the US, $500-$700 for a 7"-8" fish. The white variety would cost more than the yellow ones. They are beautiful, you need to see them in person to appreciate it.

pltdbk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2016
Those are albino silver aros, but definitely not 24k. They're not cheap, here in the US, $500-$700 for a 7"-8" fish. The white variety would cost more than the yellow ones. They are beautiful, you need to see them in person to appreciate it.
Look thru my posts I was able to purchase a white albino silver arowana, however sadly it passed away. I think the water conditions were not ideal

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
lmao those are WTT aro's. Aka white tank treatment. Scammers do this and sell the fish, then within a week there back to their original colors and they have the money and you got a regular aro that you paid top dollar for.

Reactions: munchie

munchie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2015
My House
lmao those are WTT aro's. Aka white tank treatment. Scammers do this and sell the fish, then within a week there back to their original colors and they have the money and you got a regular aro that you paid top dollar for.
this is true lmfao. theres always white jardini at my lfs they claim its platinum and a week later it goes back to it normal color.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store