What kind of line?

FishSkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
mother earth
Zorro;625871; said:
My brother reeled in a close 35-40lb carp on a 4lb test on a ultralight be he fought it in a hour. I like haveing the biggest test u can have so I know im getting the fish in.
nice thats what i am talking about ...naaaaaaaaaa better the challenge than the evedint..get you brother to teach you how to fish lol j/k

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
FishSkins;625854; said:
keep in mind the using corn to fish in the united states is illegal
Corn is not illegal in every state. but if trout are stocked in certin river's and stream's it is illegal to bait your hook with corn due to the fact that the skin on the curnal is undigestible and block's the trout ..

most people here in the u.s use dough ball's or cheese ball's(catfish love cheeseball's too) to catch carp some use bow and arrow but this method is quite contraversal and if strugeon are presant in the water's bow hunting is not permited..:D

Zorro

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Meriden CT
ROSS;626308; said:
Corn is not illegal in every state. but if trout are stocked in certin river's and stream's it is illegal to bait your hook with corn due to the fact that the skin on the curnal is undigestible and block's the trout ..

most people here in the u.s use dough ball's or cheese ball's(catfish love cheeseball's too) to catch carp some use bow and arrow but this method is quite contraversal and if strugeon are presant in the water's bow hunting is not permited..:D
Yup you got that right ross. I just get a hook and bread and just cast it out nothing more then that.

DanDanUK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2005
Leeds , England
I personally would go with a rod which is 2.5 test curve ( Minimum ) and a 20lb main line ( Mono ) thats what i have at the moment, but when i go to france bigger rod's stronger line ...

yes stotty mate i have plans for france either next year or the one after.:D

Oh and if corn is illegal in your state try using trout pellets.... works wonders don't they stotty !

Tight Lines.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Firstly I would like to say yes you are spot on with a light rod and light line you get a good fight but if there are snags in the water and you are an inexperienced angler you will be smashed to bit by a 10lb carp bait wise ok corn might be banned in certain states but carp are eating machines I have caught crap on all of these baits so take your pick but corn is a good all round one if you can use it use it.

Nuts
Most nuts make excellent carp bait. Just like boilies nuts stay on the hook well and will survive distance casting. Nuts also offer good protection against nuisance fish and crayfish. Tiger nuts, Peanuts

Peanuts are excellent carp bait. Only use human grade peanuts as animal feed ones are difficult for carp to digest.
Large unsalted American peanuts are the best and can be purchased at any supermarket. Soak overnight and boil for half an hour before use. Like most particles peanuts work best when fermented first. Loose feed sparingly as they have very little nutritional value once boiled.

Luncheon Meat and Spam, Salami, Tinned Dog or Cat Food, Prawns, Mussels, Cheese, Maggot, Worms,

Bread Paste
Bread paste is best made from a loaf that is a few days old. Tear out the inside of the loaf and knead, adding water if it is a little too dry. The paste can be rolled into balls and used straight on the hook. Dans favourite Trout Pellets
Can be deadly bait on fisheries with new stocks of carp, as they are not unlike the food that they are reared on.

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
Nut's.. no kidding I have to try that stotty. hope my girlfriend does'nt read this and try to cut my nutz off and go carp fishing the next time I make her mad ..:D

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
ROSS;627343; said:
Nut's.. no kidding I have to try that stotty. hope my girlfriend does'nt read this and try to cut my nutz off and go carp fishing the next time I make her mad ..:D
:ROFL:

Only thing with NUT!
Tiger nuts can be presented in exactly the same way as boilies (we put them on a hair as cant hook them through a hook), they just need to be drilled before they can be hair rigged.

CARP Talk;) .

Natural baits fall into two categories - particles and grubs. Particles are the seed/nut/pulse type baits, these include baits like hempseed, tares, corn, maize and nuts. Particles don't satisfy a carp's dietary need and most of the time they only eat them because of their smell, taste and crunch a bit like sweets for a human, we eat them even if they don't fill us up. Another thing about particles is they can be flavoured or coloured this gives the angler a chance to modify their bait.

Grubs are maggots, slugs, snails, worms and almost any other bug you can think of. Natural baits are generally cheap to buy as you can get most from animal feed merchants or out of your back garden! There are a few down sides to natural baits.

Particles need to be prepared this is messy and time consuming but must be done otherwise they are not safe for the fish, as they swell up inside their gut and can lead to the death of the fish.

Here is a quick guide to preparing particles:-

Nuts - soak in warm water with 2 desert spoons of sugar for 24 hours and then boil for 30mins.
Maize - soak in warm water with 5 desert spoons of sugar for 24 hours then boil until its fluffs up.
These are based on 1 kg of the particle. During the soaking you can add colour or flavour.

Particles will go off after 3 days unless frozen.

ENTERPRISE_TIGERNUT.jpg

nativelover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
socal
WWW.MYSPACE.COM
Zorro;625984; said:
funny...not I max out all my reels.
so you just drag 'em in??? no fight? no fun? whats the point?

the heaviest i use for any fishing is 25# and i usually bring a 6lb, 12lb, and a 20lb (just incase)

ive got an 80lb rig for thresher and mako, but ive been spooled on that too:D

ive landed 6ft sngf on 8lb line and a 5ft mako on 20# line.......light is right, my friend

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Well like I said I am deffinatly a beginner and I think I need to learn a bit before I go using 4lb test to real in a 40 lb carp lol. Thanks for all the help guys and now I just need it to get a bit warmer lol. Any special way to fish when the water gets a little colder...say 40 45 and below?

Chad

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store