what kind?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Right now just 10g tank with 4 wood shrimp, about a dozen glass shrimp and six neon tetras in it. It was given to me yesterday. Free is GOOD!

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
None. Fish smaller than a cray WILL become dinner. Fish larger than a cray will eat the cray. There are filter feeding large shrimp that you could keep with docile fish. Atya gabonensis or vampire shrimp and Atya sp or wood shrimp could do well in a peaceful community tank.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Oddball is def right, sometimes even larger fish will get killed and eaten by a sneaky crayfish, Wood shrimp are very cool in a community tank and as little as $4 ea at times. they have very small claws and trippy little mittins they feed with.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
Asian tiger lobster apparently is the market name for a crayfish named Cherax lorentzi (papua) which comes from Papua New Guinea.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
That would explain why evertime they gave a listing they did it like this, Cherax lorentzi (sp. papua) or Cherax (sp. papuanus) lorentzi.

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
Ive been thinking about getting acouple Crays for my 120, but I recently bought a Marble Cat an dont know if he'd try an eat them. Plus I dont know if theyd be mean to my 4-line cats as well as to my marble cat.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store