What live foods did you feed your hungry monsters today?

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Just like the title. Post what you fed them! Bugs, feeder fish, frozen bits of something?

Today I decided I had way too many male guppies that got to a decent size and too many plump looking baby convicts (plus my female looks ready to breed again, and all the babies ate her eggs last week). I try to feed them feeders every month when they get to be a good size. Threw them in the 90 and it was a feeding frenzy for my salvini. That big fat jerk chased the rest of the fish away and proceeded to nom them. But then since he ate too many, he barfed them all up, and the rest of the cichlids and even my sae's had a fun time eating the pre chewed little pieces. One guppy was still half alive though, tried to swim, and my stumpy mbuna nabbed him, pretty cool to watch, thought everything woulda been dead in the salvini's mouth since his jaws are huge. My smaller pleco was quite happy eating bits off the bottom too.

Also, the rest of my guppies got fruit flies that I smacked earlier and they were all excited.

Buhaha. >:D

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I fished up some green terror at nearby pond, deep it into methane blue mix with water and salt for few minutes, took it out drop it in my GATF tank...Only last like 30 seconds :) I usually don't talk about live feeding cause some folks will get mad over it. LOL

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nothing today, but I have a good few earthworms for the knives once their greedy tankmates have been sold. The only live fish I have fed is danios and a Butterfly fish, danios by the Butterfly in QT and then butterfly by a chalceus in the 70

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store