What makes a fish desirable?

Meniscus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I like fish that I find interesting to look at, are active, have personality, and interact with other fish. I like having a mix of sizes to see the big fish and the smaller fish interact. The schooling, the bullying (to a small extent) and things like this.
Overall I just think fish are really cool animals and they have very unique behaviours. Plus they are fun to watch.

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Me, I'm a collector, I couldnt care less about aggression... I'm into rare hard to find pieces. My fish are not my pets they are part of my collection. I like the challenge of keeping hard to find fish. I also like the challenge of finding hard to find fish. I also like the feeling of knowing that you are only one in a handful of people that own a certain fish. :headbang2

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
PhullTank57 said:
Me, I'm a collector, I couldnt care less about aggression... I'm into rare hard to find pieces. My fish are not my pets they are part of my collection. I like the challenge of keeping hard to find fish. I also like the challenge of finding hard to find fish. I also like the feeling of knowing that you are only one in a handful of people that own a certain fish. :headbang2

You speak the word my man!! So true!!

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
MY TURN: I like what Phulltank said and maybe a bit more. You know you're a fish lover when even having a common fish around for a long time, you begin to like it. Well with that said. I really like the challenge of getting fish that haven't been kept, keeping fish that are hard to keep, and having fish that not many have. Its the challenge that keeps us going, and for different people, its on a different level. I have kept many of the "aggressive, large fish", but I h have not kept many of the killies and many other cats, which all could be interesting, and so someone would have surpassed me on a certain level, while I've been there and done that on another level :) So find me another level, Find me a Rare Fish :)

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
MY TURN: I like what Phulltank said and maybe a bit more. You know you're a fish lover when even having a common fish around for a long time, you begin to like it. Well with that said. I really like the challenge of getting fish that haven't been kept, keeping fish that are hard to keep, and having fish that not many have. Its the challenge that keeps us going, and for different people, its on a different level. I have kept many of the "aggressive, large fish", but I h have not kept many of the killies and many other cats, which all could be interesting, and so someone would have surpassed me on a certain level, while I've been there and done that on another level So find me another level, Find me a Rare Fish
:cheers: ;)

oscar1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
a tough question. but i'd have to say the oddballs are my favorites. but i guess all fish are my favorite

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhullTank57
Me, I'm a collector, I couldnt care less about aggression... I'm into rare hard to find pieces. My fish are not my pets they are part of my collection. I like the challenge of keeping hard to find fish. I also like the challenge of finding hard to find fish. I also like the feeling of knowing that you are only one in a handful of people that own a certain fish.

You speak the word my man!! So true!!
Peanut_Power, good to hear you feel that as well!

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
PhullTank57 said:
Spot on.

Makes it harder for me because of the country I live in but when you finally get something that is considered 'rare' it makes it even better.

Oddball fish are the main fish that interest me, along with primitive fish.

I also choose fish on behaviour, things like feeding, interaction with owner etc...

And more often than not, if its big, I like. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store