What puffer is this?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hi Everyone, found someone in Canada who can get them, they're only available july and august apparently... hoping to learn a bit more and hopefully grab one or two puffers next summer!

Is it easy for a seller to sex these things? if i could get a male and female would definitely be nice (hope to breed them...) buying a group of these is sadly not an option due to the cost :(
Come on, you have a whole year to get rich! ;)

simko

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2015
Canada
Come on, you have a whole year to get rich! ;)
Ha!
Maybe ill start a little piggy bank to fund the fish :)
i found one source that says males have a higher contrast pattern and longer snout than females...theres so litle information on these fish not sure that info is correct...

anyone know the lifespan on these?

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ha!
Maybe ill start a little piggy bank to fund the fish :)
i found one source that says males have a higher contrast pattern and longer snout than females...theres so litle information on these fish not sure that info is correct...

anyone know the lifespan on these?
Probably a few years at least

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
From what I've read they're hard to sex.

Good luck! You should go for it. We need more of these great puffers in the trade. :)

lobowind

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2017
New Mexico
Hi Everyone, found someone in Canada who can get them, they're only available july and august apparently... hoping to learn a bit more and hopefully grab one or two puffers next summer!

Is it easy for a seller to sex these things? if i could get a male and female would definitely be nice (hope to breed them...) buying a group of these is sadly not an option due to the cost :(

Unfortunately, you can't really sex them. I have a trio, and I'll just have to wait and see if I have different sexes from their behavior.

Reactions: magpie

lobowind

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 11, 2017
New Mexico
Sometimes I think one has a longer snout than the other two, but that one is also a physically larger fish. I think it's too difficult to tell, and that's with them right next to each other.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store