what to do during power outages?

batang_mcdo

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
Manila
What do we need to do during power outages?
I have a 3000 gal pond with 7 Adult asian arowanas, 1 large pleco and 1 large flagtail.
I'm thinking of adding some more fish.

in case of power outage what should i do for pond?
I currently dont have any generator. for my aquariums i have batter pumps, but dont think its gonna do anything for a big pond, any tips? will it help if i turn on a hose and leave it to drip?

Jaymesy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2019
Daytona Beach fl
3000 g would be good with no power for weeks I have a 650 and loose power every hurricane I have over 100 tropical fish and lost mine once for 3weeks did not loose any fish just like 1 time a day I would tack a 5g bucket fill with water and pour into my waterfall basin like 5x once a day and it always works for Power outages I loose my power at least 10 to 15 times a year down hear in FL

Reactions: tlindsey

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
I just got power back 2 days ago from a 3 day power outage and it was a nightmare. My generator saved me for sure.....air is easy to back up but heat loss was the main problem. I highly recommend a inverter generator as opposed to a traditional generator ( especially if u live in a residential community ) they are alot more quiet and will not bother your neighbors while running at night. My honda 3000 was able to keep 1300 gallons running. Right now my 450 is a crowded house as i had move the fish out of the grow out tanks because my generator couldnt handle it.

Reactions: islandguy11

DRUKENMUNKY

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2018
I just got power back 2 days ago from a 3 day power outage and it was a nightmare. My generator saved me for sure.....air is easy to back up but heat loss was the main problem. I highly recommend a inverter generator as opposed to a traditional generator ( especially if u live in a residential community ) they are alot more quiet and will not bother your neighbors while running at night. My honda 3000 was able to keep 1300 gallons running. Right now my 450 is a crowded house as i had move the fish out of the grow out tanks because my generator couldnt handle it.
One of my buddies had temps drop to 70 degrees that just ran air and he ended up buying his own gen

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store