What to Feed Australian Lung fish

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Have you done any research on the species?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
yes i have but i can not find any thing specific about there diet
That's interesting,I'm not trying to be rude but I don't see how that aspect of their care couldn't be easily found.I just did a quick search and read that they are pretty much omnivorous feeding on all manner of aquatic life from amphibians, crustaceans,small fish and certain aquatic plants....even fallen eucalyptus leaves.
They shouldn't be too hard to feed in captivity.

jbrig98

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2016
QLD Australia
i know they are omnivorous but im trying to find a easy to get hold of and stable food source like prawns

KuhliaFan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Brisbane West
They are omnivorous and not very fussy. they will eat most sinking pellets, most dead live foods like shrimp pieces, snail, etc. They really love live snails with thinner shells like Ramshorn snails. The main thing is they are very messy eaters and will sometimes not eat food that will dissolve or rot so you have to clean up their mess regularly. There is a new breeding in Australian that has fish ready for export now so I'd suggest if your keen on one, get hold of your local aquarium and wholesaler to inquire about importing some before this batch run out and who knows how long they will be before becoming available again. <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/vi...deos/10156103525680930/&show_text=0&width=264" width="264" height="476" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store