What type of CA cichlids to get for my 75 gl tank

Tricha Rivera

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2018
Hi everyone
I have a question about what type of cichlids to get for my 75gl tank.
I've had this tank with freshwater community fish for many years and now all a have left in the tank is a pair of freshwater cat fish that are about 5 to 6 inches long each. I would like to try to incorporate cichlids which I never had before. What type would you recommend and how many.?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hi everyone
I have a question about what type of cichlids to get for my 75gl tank.
I've had this tank with freshwater community fish for many years and now all a have left in the tank is a pair of freshwater cat fish that are about 5 to 6 inches long each. I would like to try to incorporate cichlids which I never had before. What type would you recommend and how many.?

Welcome aboard :)

What are the Catfish specie ?

Tricha Rivera

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2018
Pangasius catfish
I've had them for 10 years and I feel bad about getting rid of them but I'm tired of the community fish.
I've done some research on cichlids but I'm very confused on African or south, central american...how many females and males...I just want to make my tank fun again with the right amount and type of fish

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Pangasius catfish
I've had them for 10 years and I feel bad about getting rid of them but I'm tired of the community fish.
I've done some research on cichlids but I'm very confused on African or south, central american...how many females and males...I just want to make my tank fun again with the right amount and type of fish

I would suggest rehoming the Catfish Tbh the 75 is too small for them. I would hold off with the Cichlids .

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Some types don't grow so large, and weirdly they don't always seem to get to full size. I think Wailua Boy Wailua Boy had some that never really grew, even in a huge system...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store