what would you do?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
so I have two tanks right now a 125g and a 75g. I also have a Indonesian Blue tongue skink named Irwin living in a 40 breeder
So I need to upgrade Irwin soon and my parents gave me a choice. Get rid of the 75g and get a high end enclosure with all the bells and whistles for Irwin or keep the tank and get a smaller mediocre tank. Im really not sure so what would you guys do? I know I should not pick based on other peoples opinions and I dont plan to I just want to hear other peoples suggestions and ideas as to why they would choose one.

I would move all the fish from my 75g to my 125g and sell all of the current fish in the 125g

Reactions: tlindsey

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
How big are each of Irwin’s options? A smaller tank may be doable if you design it in such a way to offer the most floor space available for the lizard.
If you really must lose fish, pick your favorites to keep.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
so I have two tanks right now a 125g and a 75g. I also have a Indonesian Blue tongue skink named Irwin living in a 40 breeder
So I need to upgrade Irwin soon and my parents gave me a choice. Get rid of the 75g and get a high end enclosure with all the bells and whistles for Irwin or keep the tank and get a smaller mediocre tank. Im really not sure so what would you guys do? I know I should not pick based on other peoples opinions and I dont plan to I just want to hear other peoples suggestions and ideas as to why they would choose one.

I would move all the fish from my 75g to my 125g and sell all of the current fish in the 125g
Whatever your parents said go with that the Blue Tongue Skunk deserves a nice enclosure.

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Deadeye Deadeye I think smaller option would be a enclosure with a floor plan of 4x2' and the bigger might be 5x2' or 4x3' or a 4x2 just with auto misters and other systems I have not quite worked out the details

fishguy1978

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2020
Washington
I'd get my own place. :grinyes:

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan

Sorry, K Kelly -Aquatics I'm not really following your predicament very well. Your different info and ideas are contradicting themselves a bit. Why don't you upgrade Irwin to the 75g and keep fish in the 125g and 40g? Why cant you keep all the tanks? Are you getting rid of the 75g or the 40g? Why would you move fish to another tank only to sell them? Guess I'm a tad confused on what you are really asking about. Put out another post being a little more specific and I or other members will respond I'm sure. Not trying to sound harsh. ?

Kelly_Aquatics

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2020
Cich Mind Cich Mind so Irwin is in the 40 breeder. He needs an upgrade. In order to upgrade my parents say I need to get rid of my 75g or get Irwin the bare minimum enclosure. I would get rid of my two oscars in my 125g and move all the fish from the 75g to the 125g. I would sell the 75g and use the money to buy/build a bigger enclosure for Irwin. They want me to cut down on tanks so they most likely would not let me keep the 40g running. I Think the 75g is to small for a 24-30" lizard.
Hopefully that clears some stuff up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store