What would you stock in a 1800g tank?!

G4series

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
Tampa, Florida
Hey all of you MonsterFishKeepers! I am in the process of building a 16ft x 14ft pond in Florida. Now I'm left with the most important decision, what to put in it?! If you were given roughly 1800 gallons of free space, what would you put in it? Only rule is that it has to be primarily pellet fed. I'm trying to bounce some ideas around. I'd like for the fish to have some size. If i go for the basic pond and get koi's what are other large peaceful fish that would pair nice? I enjoy clown loaches but i'm not sure if i'd see them until they get a decent size. What fish would make good community predator? Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
I might go all south American fish. Flagtails, all kinds of cichlids, geophagus, crenicichla, peacock bass, tetras, plecos.

Either that, or I would pick a species of CA cichlid, and put a bunch of them with mollies/swordtails. I'd probably go with this idea. I went swimming in cenotes in mexico which were filled with jack dempseys and livebearers. It was amazing.

G4series

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
Tampa, Florida
TwoHedWlf TwoHedWlf I've watched some videos on those eels. They're awesome!

Gourami Swami Gourami Swami Peacock Bass are my favorite but I can't supply them with all of that live food unless I build a separate pond to hold them in!

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Panda urau , fresh water archerfish, ripsaw cat, blue eyed panique , black arowana, 10 wide bar dollars, banded knife fish, paldium top half with some semi aquatic reptiles and real plants and a waterfall.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Albino yellowtail catfish,vulture catfish,albino channel catfish,some large exotic plecos,celestial danios,barramundi,snook,tarpon,emperor cichlids,Florida gar,super red oscars and for plants add some Victoria giant water lilies and lotus

Reactions: G4series
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store