What's a solid heater for a 125 gallon?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
I bought a 300 watt Eheim heater which took a crap so prefer to steer away from this brand.

I went to exchange it at PetSmart and they don't carry that wattage anymore so then I went to a local lfs and some of the heater prices were ridiculous close to 90 bucks.

The Eheim was 40 bucks and I don't need anything fancy just something that works.

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
You must’ve gotten a lemon. I’ve been using Eheim Jäger heaters for four decades and only ever replaced them for tank upgrades ... never had a heater failure. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

DawnMichele

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
When one of my heater's stopped working I called the company and the guy gave me his email address and told me to cut the cord and take a picture so they knew I wasn't trying to pull one on them and to take a picture of the info on the heater. He sent me a brand new one.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
You must’ve gotten a lemon. I’ve been using Eheim Jäger heaters for four decades and only ever replaced them for tank upgrades ... never had a heater failure. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.
Yeah sounds like it. Heard nothing but solid things about Eheim till this happened. what was the worst part is that the heater light was on so I never really noticed that it stopped working until the wolf fish turned down raw shrimp.

When was the last time you purchased am Eheim heater?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
When one of my heater's stopped working I called the company and the guy gave me his email address and told me to cut the cord and take a picture so they knew I wasn't trying to pull one on them and to take a picture of the info on the heater. He sent me a brand new one.
Got ya...but did you see somewhere in writing that they offer a lifetime guarantee?

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Do you have an aqueon pro product? I just bought this heater today and it has a limited lifetime warranty.

20190225_195926.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store