What's everyone's top favorite fish? (for the moment at least)

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Love the eye biters, such sinister looking faces.
Was thinking about this thread last night when watching the latest live stream video by YouTuber Ben Ochart. Throughout the whole 1 hr stream his eye biter was pretty much on a Mike Tyson like rampage in the background, even had a similarly sized Venustus running and crying for its mommy. Of course in another tank could be a totally different situation, but it did remind me what I don't miss about African Cichlids lol.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
My favourite? Probably my WC senegal bichir :DView attachment 1393786

My fish I most want to keep? The huge datnoid with electric blue lines that I saw fighting a huge moray eel in my dream last night :nilly:
Now that is almost the perfect dream young Hendre, but imagine if that huge datnoid with the electric blue lines and that huge moray eel were grappling with a large chested beautiful woman drenched in baby oil.

Fish and ladies together in the same dream.:OMG:

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
So that's why I keep dreaming about mermaids ?‍♀
If you look at the online caresheets for mermaids it says they are best to be kept in groups, in a suitably huge aquarium, with one single male.......ME!:woot:

And anyway stanz, what's a cichlid purist like you doing dreaming about hybrids!!!:grinyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Chicxulub

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Now that is almost the perfect dream young Hendre, but imagine if that huge datnoid with the electric blue lines and that huge moray eel were grappling with a large chested beautiful woman drenched in baby oil.

Fish and ladies together in the same dream.:OMG:
As much as I like that idea let us try to keep this thread kid friendly :ROFL:

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
dr exum dr exum I would have imagined it would have been that red tail catfish of yours.
Nah he’s good, high maintenance and going to be expensive via - solo medium tank , solo large tank, and enclosed exterior pond in 1-2 years.

Been a good learning lesson...

Reactions: fishhead0103666

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
My current favorite is my Synodontis Granulosus
View attachment 1393756View attachment 1393757
Now THAT is a pretty kitty!

...I prefer being able to always see the fish I want, doing its thing unobstructed...
Same though. I've always had effectively the same mentality in putting together a tank- "What fish do I want here? How best to optimize it? What can go with this fish to fill out the spaces and which won't be a detriment to the target species?" ...and the like.

Currently Lard my big bala
Upon retiring it will be a black arro

View attachment 1393797
Gorgeous Bala

There is nothing pure about my thoughts toward females. Only cichlids.
???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store