Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
congrats!

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
As per clm08k clm08k more weeksii pics. hard to get any though likes to hide alot and when she is out and I walk over to get some shots she splits amd disappears into the foliage.View attachment 1492890 and here's some noodle butts weeksii with Herbert the dark chocolate endliView attachment 1492891
What a lovely weeksii!
Does Herbert usually go to the bottom of the pile? or do the weeksii and Herbert typically pile like this? I am interested in hearing about their dynamics.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Weeksii are so interesting! I love that they get a rep for being shy. However, some of them are really charismatic too. Over there years, there have been some really great weeksiis on this forum. I think DMD123 DMD123 had a really active one at one point, who had the same name as the Loch Ness Monster.

Reactions: tlindsey

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hey clm08k clm08k , saw the tag… yep I had a weeksii in with my big lower jaws and it only got to about 16” and my big endli at 19” was such a bully towards it. I wanted to reduce the stock in the 300 so I ended up selling a ton of polys including that weeksii named Nessie. Kind of wish I kept it. It was a log pile fish that would always end up on other polys. Great fish but shy compared to my endli and ansorgii that were my keepers.

Reactions: clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Hey clm08k clm08k , saw the tag… yep I had a weeksii in with my big lower jaws and it only got to about 16” and my big endli at 19” was such a bully towards it. I wanted to reduce the stock in the 300 so I ended up selling a ton of polys including that weeksii named Nessie. Kind of wish I kept it. It was a log pile fish that would always end up on other polys. Great fish but shy compared to my endli and ansorgii that were my keepers.
Hello! Sorry to call you out, but your polys have brought me great joy on this forum so I couldnt resist. :p Nessie was a cool fish, however, I do understand downsizing. Speaking of downsizing, I will NEVER forget the fat teug!

As far as rehoming, it is really hard with aggression. Especially, if one fish is constantly getting picked on (or being the bully). My moke (who has always had aggression issues) still acts like the entire tank is hers. She refuses to let some of the other polys to go to “her third” of the tank.

Reactions: DMD123
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store