Whats that noise.......

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So I am sound asleep and I hear this very unusual "POP" noise. So I get up, put my glasses on and look around the room and everything is fine. Open my bedroom door and my heart sank. I see water all over the living room floor.......
Yup you guessed right the 55gal blew a seam and half of its water is on my floor.....
Panic mode kicks in at first....Then I calm down a bit and set up the python to start draining. Then go grab every towel I can find......Then I start catching all my Saggitae fry that are in the 55gal. But where to put them, can't with mom and dad and the brand new batch of fry right..... My other 125gal is not running atm right... well actually it is. I ain't told you all yet but I got two Carpintis from COTA. Both a male and female, in the 7in range in size but he already killed her off. So now I got to dump all my Saggitae fry in and hope he don't eat them all.1365511

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Oh damn sorry about your mess man. I hate to be a downer but those fry probably wont last long with that hoss of a carpintis.

Id lend you one if my empty 75s in a heartbeat if you werent cross the country! Good luck.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I don't know, seems like he was raised out in ponds or something cause he is still freaked out when people are in the same room as his tank. Like he has never seen a human before.13655221365523

This is what he normally does, just hide in his cave here1365525
The lack of substrate may be part of it.....

Reactions: Backfromthedead

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
So I found out the why of it. It seems the stand was not made for an acrylic tank. You see in the pics, there is 13655341365535only a block in each corner, don't fully support the ends or center. So over time the bottom bowed out till it finally blew due to not being supported right. I assumed the stand was good, the guy who gave me the tank said he had it running on that stand for years......

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Temp is 77°f ph is 7.8 from the tap no adjustments
Hmmm hes probably just acclimating methinks. All riled up after the attempted pairing.

Maybe cota can tell you more about the collection site or you can dig it up yourself. Perhaps your carpintis came from an area with more neutral water.

Shame about that stand though. Thats what most of the stuff that comes with tanks looks like these days though.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Oh goodness sorry to hear that, it seems to be a bit of an unfortunate trend recently :( I'm just recovering fully after 1 month now. Everyone get our your levels and check your tanks/stands :)

That's a beautiful Carpintis btw, and good luck to the fry, methinks they'll need it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store